About the Company
Melliard Motorsport, based in Nottingham, specialises in the restoration, preparation and support of period correct racing cars from every era to the present day. We also provide complete ownership support for Renault 5 turbo including restoration, development & maintenance.
About the role
We are looking for someone with methodical work practice to assist with day to day running of projects and take ownership of the workshop as the lead restoration technician.
Whilst we have a marque specific side, specialising in mid-engine Renault 5 Turbo’s, we also take on client requests, so anything can arrive in the workshop to be worked on. The successful candidate should have good experience working on a broad range of historic race cars and be able to adapt their work to handle new projects.
Main duties will involve:
- Strip down of project cars, assessment and identification of work required
- Full rebuild, including suspension, transmission, gearbox, electrical systems, bodywork and trims.
- Sourcing and researching parts & process.
- Light fabrication.
- Travelling to historic race events and social events.
- Race preparation & support for customer cars.
- Project management.
About the Applicant
- Must have experience working on historic race cars.
- Experience in a lead mechanic/technician role is preferred.
- Experienced in TIG/MIG welding is useful but not essential.
- Able to work to a high standard with little supervision to meet deadlines.
- Able to prioritise tasks, be flexible and dynamic in their work.
- Knowledge of electrics whether basic or extensive is useful but not essential.
- Knowledge of historic Ford race cars is particularly useful
- Must understand engine systems and functions.
- Cleanliness in the work environment.
- Good communication with leadership qualities
- Trustworthy and a willingness to succeed
- Trailer license or pre ‘96 driving license.
- Personable and easy-going, it should be fun.
In return, we are offering the candidate the opportunity to secure a long-term position in a leading role for the company, with the potential to recruit and train junior mechanics in the future as the business continues to grow.
We are offering a very competitive salary adaptable to skill sets and what the applicant can bring to the company plus a benefits package which include:
- Attending Automotive social events
- Flexible overtime
- 20 days holiday a year
- Option of a bonus for exceeding requirements
- Enthusiastic work environment
- Birthday day off
- Pension scheme
- Autonomy in work
If you feel you are a good fit for this role and would like to apply, please send your CV along with a cover letter and describe the type of historic cars you have worked on, please also provide your salary expectations.