DRIFT LIMITS are hiring!
Our leading motorsport centre is looking for a well experienced and enthusiastic technician to join our friendly team at our in-house race circuit!
We have an exciting array of race cars and supercars which you will be required to maintain, service and repair where needed. We also work on customers performance vehicles specialising mainly in Japanese sports cars and other high end performance cars.
You will be required to work as part of a team, lead where necessary whilst being confident to work alone as required
• Ability to rebuild an engine, both head and bottom end rebuilds.
• Good fabrication skills, MIG welding is essential. TIG ideal but not essential.
• Fault diagnosis on ‘digital’ and ‘analogue’ vehicles
• Ability to think outside of the box to fix or improve the implementation and functionality of performance parts.
• Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Good foresight and planning – ability to assess a job’s timescale and foresee issues.
• Friendly manner with good customer service skills.
• Use of own car – The workshop is in a private rural setting, not far from the track.
• Recognise preventative and reactive work required to ensure continued vehicle operation.
Ideal candidate will also be/have:
• Engine dyno tuning skills and experience.
• TIG welding skills and experience.
• Thorough understanding of electrical systems and components.
• Well organised with prior experience working in a performance garage.
We have an onsite secure carpark. Working hours are flexible however Saturdays are a must. There is the option to work either 5, 5.5 or 6 days per week.
The position offered is full time and salary ranges from £25,000 p/a to £35,000 p/a.
Salary is flexible depending on skill and hours worked. Our opening hours are Monday – Friday 08:00 – 18:00 and Saturday 08:00 – 17:30. Holiday entitlement reflects hours worked per week.
In addition to the Master Technician roles we are also looking for a chief technician to take charge of the entire Drift Limits fleet & Drift Limits Performance management.
The applicant must have exceptional mechanical and leadership skills with previous experience of running a performance workshop.
Salary range 35k-50k
We are also seeking experienced track drivers who have a passion for cars and instructing guests in a customer facing role. The applicant must be able to competently carry out light mechanical duties in addition to delivering exceptional customer service as an instructor. Being well-organised, presentable and personable to their guests is key. Prior experience in a performance garage / race team or track driving/racing would be beneficial. Full instructor training will be provided in supercars on track.
Applicants will be employed with a full time contract 5/6 days a week at their race track.
Bonus Sunday operating hours are optional, approved by a Manager at an additional £100 per day.
Bonus scheme allows the successful applicant to earn up to an additional £20 per customer review on top of the regular salary.
Range from £18k – 22k per annum depending on experience.
We await your application!