Hours: Full time – 37.5 hours per week + occasional Saturday mornings
Location: Hangar 111 Limited, Waldringfield, Suffolk. IP12 4PS
Salary: Based on Experience
We are currently seeking a full-time, flexible Motor Vehicle Technician / Mechanic to join our team.
You will be required to carry out all aspects of the servicing, maintenance and repair to sports and performance cars while making sure that the workshop area is always safe and tidy. You should be capable of working to tight deadlines and maintain a professional and courteous attitude towards visiting customers and staff.
You will report directly to the management team.
Successful candidates must:
- Have minimum GCSE Maths and English or equivalent qualification(s).
- Possess a current, valid and full driving license.
- Have mechanical experience ideally within the sports/performance car or motorsport sectors.
- Have the ability to follow instructions quickly and effectively.
- Be pro-active, highly motivated and be able to work well in a small team.
- Possess excellent communication skills.
- Be able to learn on the job and make sure that they can repeat jobs to a high level of quality.
- Have the ability to work unassisted and ensure that management targets are met.
- Possess excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Complete the necessary paperwork regarding the work carried out, correctly and within the required timescales.
- The successful applicant must have their own tools.
- Must be flexible and adaptable in their approach to work and working hours.
- Understand the need for using P.P.E. and work with the company Health & Safety system.
The following experience and qualifications would be beneficial:
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a workshop environment using lifting equipment and compressed air tools.
- Understanding of performance upgrades, and sports car technology.
- Working knowledge of suspension setup and use of alignment equipment.
- A foundation qualification in motor vehicle technologies.
- Knowledge of Rolling Road / Chassis Dynamometer operation.
Experience: Motor Vehicle Mechanic: 1 year (Required)
Licence: driving license (Required)