Williams is one of the world’s leading Formula 1 teams. It exists purely to race in the top echelon of motor racing where it has been winning Grands Prix for more than three decades. The Williams name has been synonymous with top-level motorsport since the 1960s.
Williams Grand Prix Engineering is seeking a capable and proficient Model Technician to join our Aerodynamics Department on a fixed term contract basis.
The successful candidates will ideally have previous experience of model-making in a high level motorsport environment, have a good attention to detail, work calmly and accurately under pressure, work positively and enthusiastically in a small team and have a flexible attitude to helping fulfil the requirements of the department.
The role will primarily be focussed on working with our model shop and wind tunnel areas and will include fitting detailed components, preparing / organising session projects and carrying out several levels of model inspection.
The successful candidate must have the following attributes
• Up to date experience of wind tunnel model part preparation
• Up to date experience of wind tunnel models and testing
• Good mechanical understanding of current wind tunnel models
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail
• A methodical and thorough approach to your work
• Able to work with minimal supervision
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal, combined with the ability to work well with colleagues
• Be self-motivated, enthusiastic and a dependable team player
• Possess good IT skills
• Have a positive attitude and be willing to help throughout the department
• Work well under pressure to meet time critical deadlines
• A willingness to work extra hours as required
The Key Responsibilities of this role are
• Fitting wind tunnel model parts to the highest level of accuracy possible
• Installation and de-rigging of models within the test section.
• Assisting within other areas of the department as required
• Ability to deal with technical challenges as they arise and knowing when to ask if unsure
• Meeting challenging and demanding deadlines
• Maintaining consistent high standards
• Being proactively aware of Health and Safety requirements
• Proven fault-finding experience
What can Williams offer?
The Williams Group is based in Grove, Oxfordshire. We offer free onsite parking and large open green spaces to unwind during breaks. We are a short 5 minutes’ from Wantage, our closest town centre. We have an on-site gym which is free to use for all staff and contractors. We also have a subsidised restaurant on site. Please scroll down the page to review our benefits suite below.
Application closing date:
All applications must be received by 16th April 2021.
The Williams Group is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.
Strictly no agencies.