We have new opportunities to be part of the Model Build team in the role of Model Build Technician.
The successful candidates will ideally have previous experience of model-making in a high level motorsport environment; have a good attention to detail; work calmly and accurately under pressure; work positively and enthusiastically in a small team; and have a flexible attitude to helping fulfil the requirements of the department.
The role will primarily be focussed on building our wind tunnel models and will include fitting detailed components; preparing / organising model build projects; and carrying out several levels of model inspection. Recent experience of wind tunnel test sessions is essential, this role will include weekend wind tunnel sessions on a rotation basis.
Additional duties may be required from time to time within our model shop to meet the high demands of the test sessions.
The Successful candidate must have the following attributes:
- Up to date experience of wind tunnel models and testing
- Good mechanical understanding of current wind tunnel models
- Good electrical installation knowledge and fault finding
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- A methodical and thorough approach to your work
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal, combined with the ability to work well with colleagues
- Be self-motivated, enthusiastic and a dependable team player
- Possess good IT skills
- Have a positive attitude and be willing to help throughout the department
- Work well under pressure to meet time critical deadlines
- A willingness to work extra hours as required
The Key responsibilities of this role are:
- Building our wind tunnel models to the highest level of accuracy possible
- Weekend wind tunnel testing in rotation
- Assisting within other areas of the department as required
- Ability to deal with technical challenges as they arise and know when to ask if unsure
- Meeting challenging and demanding deadlines
- Maintaining consistent high standards
- Being proactively aware of Health and Safety requirements
Applicants must have current eligibility to work in the UK and please note it is important
to only apply for the single position most relevant to your expertise, your
application is not enhanced when applying for multiple vacancies.