IMG Events are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking and outgoing individual to join the Motorsports team working predominately on the FIA World Rallycross Championship.
Reporting into the Senior Consumer Marketing Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for running the day to day media for the 11 round series event by driving our story to develop fandom for the sport of Rallycross and to oversee all PR Operations for the World Rallycross Championship.
IMG own, operate or commercially represent more than 800 events around the world, including culinary and music festivals, mass participation events, international fashion weeks and leading tournaments and championships in more than a dozen sports.
Rallycross & SpeedMachine
The FIA World Rallycross Championship form part of the Motorsports department of IMG Events which is a series of 11 rounds of Rallycross racing, including our recently launched Event, Speedmachine. Starting around 50 years ago, the FIA World Rallycross championship is a series of races held in numerous locations across the globe, such as England, South Africa, France, Germany and most recently the USA. In 2018, IMG teamed up with Silverstone to launch the SpeedMachine Festival at the famous F1 track. Using our experience in food, arts & entertainment, sports and partnerships, we created a family-fun festival for all to enjoy.
- Manage the PR and Media operations for World Rallycross including responsibility of press and photographer accreditation at events, working with the World Governing Body of Motorsport (The Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA)), running press and photographer briefings.
- Manage press room at events in conjunction with the local press officer
- Where appropriate appoint a local press officer, working with the FIA.
- Organise press conferences and PR activities, working with event promoters in each territory on their PR activity.
- Ensuring that our messaging is shared in a coherent, dynamic and clear way.
- Managing multiple stakeholders across World Rallycross.
- Work with individual Team PRs to support the core message of World Rallycross while helping to drive the messaging and key aims of the teams, the FIA and IMG.
- Create and implement organic (non-paid) social media strategy alongside PR strategies for World RX, specifically the new Speedmachine festivals and also RX events in the USA, that increases awareness and engagement across all social media platforms.
- Develop a voice and vernacular for SpeedMachine that adheres to brand guidelines.
- Manage the day-to-day conversation across our official social media channels, and escalate customer care issues as they arise.
- Create weekly content plans that enhance the World RX and the Speedmachine brand – with a diverse target audience group, this role will be a challenging one with a muilti layered 4D approach required.
- Brief and oversee production of all creative and content elements with team members, designers and other content providers.
- Provide weekly insights and KPIs for all official social media campaigns.
- Monitor trends in social media to improve the strategy where appropriate.
- Comprise and distribute a media report within 7 days of each event.
- Produce a half season and full season media report as well as commission and present a full media research report on broadcast, social media and local media activity.
Required Knowledge & Experience
- Demonstrable experience in managing press and media operations across sporting events.
- Experience in driving PR and social marketing campaigns for a global entertainment or education brand, with demonstrable experience managing multiple channels and campaigns at once.
- A track record of leading edge tactics and respect from digital peers.
- Demonstrable Excellent project management skills.
- Experience coordinating with multiple stake holders and integrating organic with paid strategies.
- Understanding of broadcast and media reports and the commissioning of them.
- A wide ranging and well connected network of contacts.
- Knowledge of the Motorsport industry.
- Skills and experience in video shooting/editing.
- Knowledge of computer programming.
- Excellent computer skills including Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Final Cut Pro, and MS Office.
- This is a permanent position based in Chiswick, London
- Working hours are 9:00 – 17:00, Monday to Friday
- Occasional travel/weekend work may be required in line with the Motorsports Event portfolio.
We want you to have a career you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others.
IMG is highly invested in the career development of its employees. If successful in your role, it should provide you with a stepping stone to the next stage and beyond. Examples of roles that people previously advanced to from the role or the level of this position are Senior Digital Manager. It is important to note that while most people look at the position of their line manager as the next step, there is significant opportunity for cross-promotion across the many different divisions of the company. This is possible because of the vast scope of our company and will be strongly encouraged.
As a valued employee you will have access to development tools including the Events Leadership Academy and the Events Mentoring scheme to support your career and personal development with IMG.