For many fans of Formula One, the sport exists between lights and chequered flag on a Sunday afternoon. It begins and ends with the exploits of the drivers on the track. But this is merely the tip of the spear. The reality of modern F1 is that of a complex and intertwined operation, every part of which needs to perform near its limit if success is to be achieved. From the pit crew searching for the ultimate repeatable pit stop, to the inspiration of the designers, the application of engineers and the herculean efforts of an army of fabricators and machinists. Much of our success is thanks to the diversity of thought and spectrum of skill sets held within the team, our ability to recognise unique contributions from individual team members is just a part of why we love what we do.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Mechanical Design Engineer to join our new venture, Red Bull Powertrains. In this role you will provide robust design of mechanical components within our Performance Design Team. You will work on the design of Mechanical components as directed by the Performance Design Team Leader. You will lead the design, development and failure investigations to deliver maximum performance and reliability from concept to delivery.
This role offers an amazing opportunity to join at the start of our journey, working from our brand new state of the art, purpose built Powertrains facility in Milton Keynes. You’ll have the flexibility to be able to agree realistic deadlines and schedules with your team leader and other members of the RBPT group.
To be successful in this Mechanical Design Engineer role you will need:
- A Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent qualification.
- A high level of Mechanical Engineering competence in both technical and practical applications.
- CAD capability is a must in one of the major packages.
- Technical drawing with GD&T of complex machined parts.
- A thorough understanding of engine design and its contribution to on track performance.
- Proven history of successful fault investigation, containment and rectification.
- Experience in F1 hybrid power unit design is advantageous as is high-performance racing engine experience or involvement in high-performance R&D projects.
Not only is this a fantastic Mechanical Design Engineer role, it is also a fantastic team to work in. A good salary is just the start, there are many other benefits too such as our bonus scheme, private health care cover, life assurance scheme, company contributed pension scheme, on site gym & fitness classes, free food, and a cycle to work scheme
Mon, 11 Jul 2022