For many fans of Formula One, the sport exists between lights and chequered flag on a Sunday afternoon. It begins and ends with the exploits of the drivers on the track. But this is merely the tip of the spear. The reality of modern F1 is that of a complex and intertwined operation, every part of which needs to perform near its limit if success is to be achieved. From the pit crew searching for the ultimate repeatable pit stop, to the inspiration of the designers, the application of engineers and the herculean efforts of an army of fabricators and machinists, Formula One is a team sport in a very literal sense – that's why we love what we do.
We are looking for:
Senior Mechanical Design & Development Engineers
Mechanical Design & Development Engineers
Red Bull Powertrains have several exciting opportunities to be a key part of our expanding Power Unit (PU) engineering team. Our open, dynamic environment ensures that everyone can make a valuable contribution and we are looking for creative Mechanical Design & Development Engineers (Rigs) to deliver World Championship winning Power Units year on year.
Working from our Milton Keynes factory you will be integrated within the Power Unit Mechanical Development Department of Red Bull Powertrains. Tasked to deliver the maximum performance potential to the podium, your group will work closely with all teams within Red Bull Powertrains. To be successful you must lead the design, development and failure investigations of rigs to approve the performance and reliability of PU components / sub-systems with absolute tenacity, from concept to podium.
To fulfil this position you will need:
- A Mechanical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Physics degree or equivalent qualification.
- A high level of Mechanical Engineering competence in both technical and practical applications.
- Experience in F1 hybrid PU design is advantageous but high-performance racing engine experience or involvement in high-performance R&D projects is a pre-requisite.
- A thorough understanding of engine design, testing, analysis and its contribution to on track performance.
- CAD capability in one of the major packages.
- Practical experience of undertaking development rig or dyno testing of components, sub-assemblies or PU
- Technical drawing with GD&T of complex machined parts, and proven track record of design for manufacture and assembly
- Practical knowledge of stress analysis of static and dynamic components.
- Practical knowledge of MBD analysis of components.
- Practical knowledge of fluid and thermal analysis of components.
- Practical experience of system and component durability prove out.
- Proven ability to inspire and motivate the Engineers around you to success.
- Can-do attitude and willingness to learn new skills is essential.
- Evidenced experience of complex decision making and strategic thinking when faced with imperfect data and challenging timelines.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to foster strong cross-departmental relationships.
Job Posting End Date
Sun, 17 Oct 2021