Miller® is about building things that matter. We lead the welding industry in building advanced, solution-focused products and meeting crucial needs for welding safety and health.
We’re about the partnership and the work. Our products are designed with our users for manufacturing, fabrication, construction, aviation, motorsports, education, agriculture and marine applications.
Miller Electric Mfg. LLC, is headquartered in Appleton, Wisconsin, and wholly owned by Illinois Tool Works (NYSE: ITW). The company maintains its industry leadership by setting the standard for reliability, quality and responsiveness. Our tagline, “The Power of Blue®,” is inspired by the blue color of Miller equipment.
The company began with an innovation that responded to customer needs, growing from a one-man operation in 1929, to the world’s largest manufacturer of arc welding products. Miller keeps the tradition alive by focusing on its top priority: people.
Work in the shipping and receiving area handling Miller and Hobart Filler Metal products.
- This employee must be open to overtime and be a team player.
- The basic duties will be to unload trucks and check for accuracy, receive the purchase orders into the system, process pulling orders and shipping them correctly.
- Process Returns and work with customer service and customers to resolve exceptions.
- Needs to be able to understand what a clean and safe environment is and how to work with others to achieve this daily.
- Cross train with Hobart Brothers Filler Metal shipments.
- Point of contact for carriers inbound and outbound of the distribution center which includes creating Bills of lading, email and answering phone / voice messages.
- Will be responsible for printing orders and reading/followng the notes on all orders.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, with efficient keyboard skills.
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude. Be self-motivated, with a desire to work with their co-workers.
- Handle delivery exceptions (Over, short, and/or damaged) for RGAs and inbound containers/POs.
- Cycle count experience. Need to be able to print, count, enter, and fix any descrepancies.
- Be able to make sound business decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in a fast-paced warehouse distribution environment preferred
- Minimum of 5 years working in warehouse shipping and receiving area.
- Minimum of 5 years of forklift skills on both electric and/or propane lifft.
- Minimum high school education
- Must be able to lift to 65 lbs boxes consecutively. Return goods specialist (being able to check returns for damages, usage, correct qty and part# returned
- Process credit to customers
- Work with customer service and customers to resolve exceptions
- Central Dispatch and/or;
- Communicate with Carriers and Business units
- Manage delivery issues with regional warehouses and resolve problems or exceptions
- Communicate daily w/ carriers to schedule trailer swap, drop-offs.
- Handle damage exceptions as necessary, if applicable
ITW Welding is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.