At NASCAR, you will find a community of passionate individuals who care about our sport and are united in seeing it grow.
NASCAR is looking for a Manager, Social Media Strategy, who will be responsible for the development, management and execution of social media content and campaigns with direct engagement with fans and followers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Development and execution of social media programs and campaigns
- Daily planning and execution of NASCAR social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, TikTok, Reddit, GIPHY, Tenor and others
- Create and edit social media copy and multimedia content, including editing photography and video
- Direct engagement with fans and followers
- Race weekend coverage, including live race coverage
- Oversight of paid advertising campaigns on multiple platforms
- Collaborate with NASCAR Digital Media sales team to ideate, execute and report on branded content campaigns
- Moderation of comments and user-generated content
- Monitor, protect, and promote the Company’s brand voice in social media
- Development and management of weekly and monthly content calendars
- Training and educating colleagues on social media best practices
- Initiate social media program recaps and reports
- Closely track emerging trends, tools, platforms in social / digital
- Ensuring consistency of messages across platforms
- Development of social media training documents and presentations
- Collaboration with internal and external stakeholders on campaigns
- Management of industry account database
20% travel required including weekends. Non-traditional work week, including nights and weekends.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four (4) year college or university and two (2) to four (4) years of current experience in communications, marketing, journalism or related field; and two (2) years corporate social media experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Premiere and After Effects)
- Knowledge of social media content management and reporting platforms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record of creative and innovative thinking
- Passion for digital and social media
- Strong copywriting background
- Photo editing capabilities
- Experience working with sports and entertainment properties preferred
- Video editing experience preferred
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at www.careers.nascar.com for consideration.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.