MW Industries, Inc. is the world’s leading manufacturer of highly-engineered industrial springs, fasteners, bellows, and related metal components. With several manufacturing locations throughout the United States, MW Industries designs and creates products for a variety of industries, including medical, aerospace, energy, and automotive. Our products can be encountered in many everyday applications, such as driving a car, flying in an airplane, using electronics, or shopping at a grocery store. Through decades of growth, innovation, and dedication, MW Industries has proven to be a world-class supplier of custom springs, fasteners, and precision metal components.
Responsible for the entire upkeep and maintenance of the facility. Maintain production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment and that all maintenance activities are seamlessly completed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Conduct regular inspections and routine preventative maintenance, ensuring the upkeep and maintenance of all areas of a facility.
- Read and understand installation blueprints.
- Repair, install, and adjust all machinery.
- Troubleshoot malfunctions and repair defective equipment.
- Keep records of all day-to-day maintenance, service activities undertaken in the facility, materials utilized, and related costs.
- Ensure the proper working of all electrical units and systems in the facility; familiar with 240v and 480v 3-phase machines.
- Comply with all corporate policies, including safety and quality management systems, and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration rules (OSHA) while carrying out maintenance functions.
- Create and maintain the ordering of spare parts and equipment for replacement and ascertaining the proper documentation of the same.
- Responsible for spare parts inventory.
- Respond to work order requests in a timely fashion.
- Communicate effectively with vendors to arrange for services.
- Synchronize work processes with the other departments.
SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and maintenance systems
- Good written and verbal communication skills and effectively communicate with others
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to carry out various artistries, such as plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and painting
- Ability to lift, climb ladders, platforms, and work in tight spaces in and around machinery
- Self-reliance and practical skills in taking decisive steps in relation to work procedures, materials, and tools
- Dependable on the job
- Forklift certified, a plus
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED required; 2-year technical degree or related certifications or training a plus.
- Three (3) years progressive work experience in industrial maintenance facilities or an affiliated field.
- Position requires a valid driver license.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Moderate walking, standing, heavy lifting, carrying, stooping, bending, kneeling and reaching.
- Exposed to shop elements such as noise, dust, odors, fumes, etc.