Multimatic CFT Ltd. manufactures precision carbon fibre reinforced components for numerous motorsport teams including Formula 1 as well as the automotive industry. Additionally, Multimatic CFT has earned a strong reputation for producing high quality components for the aerospace and communications industries. Our Machine Shop provides high quality moulds and pattern work which in turn make quality composite parts that are machined to our customers exacting standards.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Machine Shop Manager to manage the daily activities of MCFT’s highly skilled machinists and state of the art Machine Shop. The Machine Shop is an essential part of our business and this is reflected in MCFT’s considerable investment in modern high-tech equipment and software, along with our valued staff.
- Lead, motivate and develop a team of highly skilled machinists
- Plan and prioritise the daily machine shop operations
- Identify key areas for improvement within the machine shop to improve the efficiency and quality of items produced
- Contribute in production and management meetings to develop the machine shop and its production capabilities
- Provide regular feedback to employees, carry out performance reviews and ensure all training and skills are up to date
- Calculate accurate costings and times for jobs along with any associated tooling costs
- Monitor production quality and standards
- Manage shop floor consumable stock and introduce new and improved stock control processes
- Positively and proactively tackle engineering and manufacturing challenges
- Develop the capability and capacity of the machine shop to keep MCFT at the forefront of cutting technologies.
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety and PPE requirements
- Leadership experience in a similar manufacturing environment role.
- Sound knowledge of 5 axis milling machine tools and their capabilities.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- PC Literate with the ability to follow documented procedures.
- Exceptional organisational skills with a strong attention to detail
- Commitment to achieving deadlines
- Experience using Cad/Cam and 3D Modelling software.
- Time served engineering apprenticeship and to have completed a HNC or equivalent
- Familiar with Heidenhain CNC controls along with TNC remo.
- Knowledge and understanding of parts made and machined from Carbon Fibre, various grades of Aluminium, Titanium and Tooling/Modelling board.
- Pattern making and finishing experience.