The McLaren name is synonymous with motorsport. The story across five decades of racing at the pinnacle of global motorsport is of restless technical development with characters of passion and true grit, all with a single-minded determination to succeed.
With a backdrop of continued growth and success, McLaren Automotive is now consolidating its motorsport strategy with specific aims; enriching the customer’s experience on and off track, broadening the McLaren brand appeal to a wider global audience and delivering motorsport experiences that are best in class.
To support this exciting growth and development of our Motorsport function we are looking for a Logistics Operations Manager to join our Operations team.
Purpose of the role:
As Logistics Operations Manager, you will be responsible for managing a Logistics Operations team across multiple locations to receive, hold and issue parts in support of all projects undertaken by the McLaren Motorsport team including Motorsport Production and McLaren Events / Championship.
- Oversee logistics operations for the McLaren Motorsport business across all locations
- Grow and develop the logistics support for the McLaren GT4 Championship
- Own the headcount and budget tools, working with the Senior Logistics and Purchasing Manager to ensure appropriate resources are allocated to programmes.
- Manage relationships with key stake holders across MAL, to allow for smooth logistics integration within other areas of the business
- Develop policies and deliver solutions for the movement of parts across multiple sites, and to support the main business
- Grow the competencies of the McLaren Motorsport Logistics department thus enabling delivery of a more efficient delivery function into future vehicles / programmes
- Delivery of a perpetual inventory process achieving 97%+ stock accuracy
- Working with other departments and managers within McLaren Motorsport to help grow and develop the people and processes
- Be involved in the delivery of a logistics strategy that supports the Motorsport aftersales to both teams, and the MAL aftersales network
Knowledge, skills & experience:
- Logistics Operations experience preferably in motorsport, engineering or manufacturing environment is essential
- Background in Motorsport manufacturing and trackside logistics preferable
- Good IT skills particularly in Microsoft Excel and SAP
- Knowledge of automotive parts would be a distinct advantage
- Proven ability to communicate status of progress, risks and opportunities appropriately to Senior management / Executive management
- Excellent people management, interpersonal and communications skill, including proven experience of growing teams of people
- Strong decision making and analytical/problem solving skills
- Up to date knowledge of Health and Safety regulations and desire to keep up with industry changes
- Structured approach to inventory management
- Drive to build and nurture a “world class” team who are constantly looking to improve processes and champion best practice
- A motivating leader with experience of developing people and processes
- Ability to thrive in an environment of constant change and adapt decisions and priorities accordingly
- Delivery focused, with a demonstrable track record of on-time delivery
- Self-motivated to deliver excellence and perform beyond targets
- Be good at keeping a tidy working environment and help in presenting a good departmental image to high profile clients
We recognise that we can only achieve our vision with the dedication and collaboration of our world class employees. It is our aim to become the employer of choice within the global automotive industry.
At McLaren Automotive we are constantly looking to improve. To become the employer of choice we are always looking to develop our employee offerings. We currently offer a range of benefits to employees at all levels of the business including Private Healthcare, Contributory Pension Scheme, Life Assurance and Personal Lease Car Scheme. We also offer a range of discounts with our partner organisations.