After more than 60 years away from Formula One, Aston Martin is back on the grid for 2021. Based in Northamptonshire, Aston Martin Cognizant Formula One™ Team has almost 500 passionate people at its heart, making a team with both a rich heritage and a fresh perspective – bringing new energy to the sport with a determination to shake up the order and compete at the sharp end.
The Aston Martin era represents the beginning of a new journey for us, but the racer’s attitude and can-do approach remain central pillars in the team’s philosophy. The focus is always on improving performance and delivering results. With fresh investment and energy, the stage is set to build on Aston Martin’s rich history in motorsport and establish Aston Martin Cognizant Formula One™ Team as a competitive force in the years ahead.
To succeed on this mission, the team is looking for talented individuals who share our passion for racing and hunger for competition. It’s a stimulating and rewarding place to work, with pure racing at the core of everything we do. We are building for a strong future and every member of the team will play an important role in our success.
We are a brave and united team who value authenticity, honesty, and are never afraid to question conventions. We embrace these values in ways that reflect our modern world. If you share our racer’s spirit and want to contribute to the next chapter in Aston Martin’s glorious history, please apply and join one of the most exciting projects in Formula One.
An exciting opportunity exists for an Lifing & Part Allocation Controller to join the Production Control team.
- To assist in the control of lifing and allocation of components and assemblies for events and development activities
- Ensure components are organised and rotated as such to align with build specifications whilst also maximising life opportunities
- Support the Project Engineers and Sub-Assembly team with turnaround activities ensuring lifing records are accurately maintained
- Provide post event updated lifing reports
- To actively contribute to the Team’s primary objective of consistently being a top three team in the FIA Constructor’s Championship
- Update and general maintenance of the Lifing system and the Life Master list
- Prepare and update component kits and update the allocation sheets with detailed information
- Compile ‘Service build reports’ on Sub-Assembly components after each event
- Track the physical movement of lifed parts through the Factory during turnaround and build events
- Update Bodywork & Brake ducts list for UIIL to the latest spec
- To work proactively, responsibly and professionally at all times and to respect and comply with the company’s reporting structure
- To maintain and develop skill levels to industry standard and maintain current and thorough working knowledge of F1 manufacturing processes
Skills & Knowledge Required
- Possess excellent demonstrable attention to detail and analytic skills
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of Formula 1 car assemblies and components
- Prior experience of Trenchant Technologies LifeCheck software or similar lifing software is an advantage
- Experience of process and systems improvement is an advantage
- Previous experience as a Lifing Co-Ordinator or similar in a F1 environment / high level Motorsport environment is an advantage
- To be self-motivated and to motivate others to thrive in a challenging environment
- Ability to calmly and confidently work under pressure to achieve targets and deliver results within required timescales
- To communicate effectively, positively and respectfully with all colleagues
- To have a flexible attitude and ability to work as part of a team in a demanding and rapidly changing environment
- Be results orientated and be confident in your decision-making skills
- Be enthusiastic and versatile and be able to build, develop and maintain good working relationships with colleagues
- Ability to demonstrate a clear understanding of and commitment to Health & Safety
Aston Martin Formula One Team is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining the most talented individuals, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion, belief, sex or sexual orientation. We strive to be a Team that reflects all the communities with which we engage around the world through diversity in the workplace and promoting an inclusive culture in which all team members are respected, empowered and valued.