About Bold Valuable Tech: Our Vision
Bold is a young company that aims to become a global player in the electric vehicle and special projects sector providing design and manufacturing services to motorsport and aerospace industries.
We leverage our experience in motorsports to develop high-performance battery technology that is light weight, modular and scalable. We want to make Formula 1 battery technology available at scale.
After achieving a +200% organic revenue growth (no marketing, no external investment/grants) over the last 2 years, Bold is currently preparing for an unprecedented growth stage and is looking to fill several key positions within the company to execute our business plan.
About the Role
We are looking for a Lead/Senior Composite Design Engineer who will be responsible for the analysis and verification of initial specifications (Statements of works – Drawing and layup table specification) using the latest state-of-the-art tools and leveraging top-class engineering principles knowledge.
The role will take full responsibility over technical project execution and delivery, and will lead a team of engineers.
What You’ll Do
- Analyse and verification of initial specifications. Statements of works – Drawing and layup table specification.
- Design and development of composites laminates and structures. Full understanding of material and processes used in high end applications composites structures (Prepreg, cores, moldings and trimming methodologies) is expected.
- Design tooling manufacturing for composites, patterns and CFRP molds for autoclave and OoA processes.
- Design of composites components and tooling using CATIA V5. Good work practice of surfaces and solids. Broad understanding of CATIA functions and the structuring of Generator files, publications and save management structure for large master product files. Excellent understanding or parametric modelling and stable tree structures required to support agile geometry development.
- Generate drawings using CATIA V5 (or V6) for composites component, tooling, jigs, and fixtures to support manufacturing requirements. Understanding of the applications of GD&T and process limitations of composites materials when tolerancing and defining geometries is expected.
- Lead a team and support Jr designers with technical queries in both materials and CATIA structures for parametric modelling.
- Allocate project resources on a need-basis and manage technical requirements vs workload to a schedule, maintain active communication in an agile environment of adherence to project plans and set targets. Leveraging on cloud base collaborative platforms such as MS Office suite and Cloud project management tools is expected.
- Maintain an up-to-date technical awareness of the business requirements.
- Work closely with the technical leads and Project Management office to coordinate and effectively plan and program the designs to ensure the assembly team have suitable time to meet key dates and deadlines.
What You Need to Succeed
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or equivalent R&D design experience.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of Catia v5 / 3DX
- Structural Design experience
- In depth knowledge of composite manufacturing processes, especially for prepreg components, including tooling, inserts, cores, and all associated processes.
- Proficient in the English language.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- F1/Motorsport industry experience.
- FEA and / or CFD experience
- Vast knowledge of materials used in motorsport and aerospace applications (metallic alloys / technical polymers / composites).
What BOLD offers you:
- Permanent contract, competitive salary and bonus scheme .
- Be part of a start-up that thrives on high-performance EV powertrains.
- Flexible Compensation Plan
- Great working conditions
- Free coffee, tea & fruit!
- Subsidised lunch
- Great professional challenges
- Brilliant colleagues and Top talent
- An international environment
- Regular events and team building activities
- Based in sunny Barcelona, one of the best cities to live in as it offers plenty of opportunities to have a good time outside work.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bold Valuable Technologies, we consider our people our chief competitive advantage and as such we treat colleagues, candidates, clients, and business partners with equality, fairness, and respect, regardless of their age, disability, race, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or family circumstances.
Our core values dictate how we live and work. We’re an ethical and honest company that’s wholly committed to its clients. A business that’s engaged in mutual trust and respect for its employees and partners. A place where colleagues perform at the highest levels. And a working environment that’s collaborative and supportive.