D3D is currently seeking an experienced roboticist who will serve as the lead on all programming, documenting, updating and troubleshooting matters of manufacturing robotic automation cell. The ideal candidate will understand theoretical approaches and practical implementations aspects of robot programming. You will be working with a team to develop innovative technological solutions for current and future applications at D3D.
We are establishing a next generation manufacturing system focused on manufacturing processes that blend the latest technologies along with traditional process technologies. Assembly processes will be designed for optimal flow in a build to order model with highly configurable products. You will be challenged with implementation of a flexible assembly line with these product types. We have a variety of lightweight materials including alloys and composites, assembled using process technologies, including 3D printing, Bonding, Robotic assembly, Laser Welding, and Robotic Welding.
What You Will Do:
• Own robot's performance and performance issues
• Work with Manufacturing & Operations to deploy and support novel robotic automation cell in production environment
• Develop techniques to ensure optimization and avoid collisions between robots
• Create, document, optimize, update and debug robot programs (KUKA / Fanuc / Motoman / Comau)
• Work with cross functional teams to determine specific process requirements.
• Ensure that all off-line or on-line robot programs developed are efficient and that they adhere to all functional and operational requirements including cycle speeds, throughput, recovery, and safety
• Support implementation and validation of controls systems tied to robotics.
• Provide complete documentation of the robotic procedures, including printouts of robot path programs and all associated data fields
• Maintain accurate records and documentation according to operation and quality standards
• Support and participate in the off-line robotic motion studies and process simulations