Miller® is about building things that matter. We lead the welding industry in building advanced, solution-focused products and meeting crucial needs for welding safety and health.
We’re about the partnership and the work. Our products are designed with our users for manufacturing, fabrication, construction, aviation, motorsports, education, agriculture and marine applications.
Miller Electric Mfg. LLC, is headquartered in Appleton, Wisconsin, and wholly owned by Illinois Tool Works (NYSE: ITW). The company maintains its industry leadership by setting the standard for reliability, quality and responsiveness. Our tagline, “The Power of Blue®,” is inspired by the blue color of Miller equipment.
The company began with an innovation that responded to customer needs, growing from a one-man operation in 1929, to the world’s largest manufacturer of arc welding products. Miller keeps the tradition alive by focusing on its top priority: people.
Responsibilities include setup and operation of automatic measure/cut/strip equipment, manual cord and cable stripping equipment, and lead termination equipment. This person will remove filler from multi-conductor cord and terminating leads. This person will manually wind, cut, strip, and terminate heavy cable. The candidate will work with other team members to establish workload priorities and supply leads to various business units, working in a fast-paced environment where quality is critical. This person will cross train to work in other areas when the workload dictates. Assist in making improvements to the overall business using ITW operating principles.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function
- Operation of machines including (but not limited to) lead termination, stripping, lugging, and Artos.
- Use of manual and power hand tools
- Lead/Cable termination
- Ability to obtain and maintain forklift certification, use of lift truck is required
- Handle and maneuver 500+ lb wire spools using lift trucks and other equipment.
- Use computer to access and enter work documentation
- Comprehend and follow bills of material and assembly drawings
- Ability to establish workload priorities and fill orders based upon a target system and customer needs
- Ability to work 50 hours per week, overtime is required
- Communicate effectively with co-workers in a team environment
- Ensure that assigned area is clean and organized
- Follow company policies and rules regarding quality and safety
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Previous cable cutting and termination experience is preferred
- Previous MRD and material ordering is preferred
- Ability to pass drug screen and background check requirements
- Constant use of fine finger dexterity, neck flexion, and reaching
- Frequently required to use both hands to hold cable, components, bins, and tools
- Frequently manually lift, push, or pull 11-50lbs
- Frequently walking on a concrete surface
- Occasional bending at knees and waist
- Ability to stand for 12 hours per day
- Close vision, midrange vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and balance are requirements of this position
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.