The Autosport.com News Editor is a key part of the online newsdesk, helping to manage news content for the website from Formula 1 and other categories.
You will be one of the points of contact for correspondents covering relevant championships, working with them to ensure consistent and high quality news supplies from their series and analysing the performance of their content to allow us to sharpen strategies where required.
You will participate fully in the day-to-day online newsdesk activities, including news-writing and subbing, publishing and social media promotion of news, features and videos from all the spectrum of categories covered by Autosport.
You will also assist with the building of Plus content when required.
Alongside that, you will be expected to cover a championship as series correspondent, involving travel to races and coordinating the cross-Network content from your category.
You will be a key ambassador for our company and will be called upon to represent Autosport and the Motorsport Network outside the office. Naturally, therefore, the role requires you to be highly informed about our publications and their areas of coverage at all times, and to act in a suitable manner.
You will also have some input into Autosport magazine, providing content where relevant and helping with particular sections, such as P&P and Listings.
- Full-time member of the Autosport.com newsdesk team, collaborating with other parts of the Network on production, organising, subbing, publishing, social promotion and performance analysis of the daily newslists
- Particular focus on the flow and management of news, including liaising with series correspondents across global championships on newslists
- Supporting the Autosport Plus Editor in the management of that section
- Liaising with the video and TV team as required on website content, and appearing on videos and podcasts
- Contribute to the growth and smooth running of Autosport Plus, both as a writer and through involvement in the planning, commissioning, subbing and promoting processes
- Contribute to video, multimedia and social media content
- Assisting with management and writing of content for Autosport.com and the wider Motorsport Network
Skills and Experience Required:
- Strong news-chasing and -writing skill
- Strong planning skills
- Good people-management skills
- Time-management and decision-making skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Creativity and flair, particularly with regard to expanding content across video and social media
- Some understanding of media law
- Some knowledge of Motorsport
- Strong understanding of social media and trends within digital media