Join the newest successful Formula One team! Haas F1 Team, we are looking to grow our Parma, Italy location and have an exciting position available in our IT department. This is a fast-paced and challenging opportunity to make a substantial impact within a small team. We are looking for team-oriented, experienced IT Systems Technician. Applicants should possess fluent English skills. Italian language skills are desirable. All CV's must be submitted in English.
About Haas F1 Team
We are a young, dynamic, and expanding team that is building an open, discursive environment full of opportunities for motivated individuals pursing a challenge. Haas F1 Team is designed to allow the best and brightest talent to excel within the premier form of racing in the world. Haas F1 Team debuted in the FIA Formula One World Championship in 2016, becoming the first American-led Formula One team since 1986. Founded by industrialist Gene Haas, Haas F1 Team is in Kannapolis, North Carolina, USA, with team operations in Banbury, UK and Parma, Italy. We have proven to be competitive within our first three seasons with a uniquely-designed team, quickly demonstrating our desire to win!
This position reports to the IT Operations Manager or his designee; is located in Varano, Italy. Responsible for the support and development of IT systems for the Rich Energy Haas F1 Team. They will play a key part in ensuring the delivery of best in class IT solutions and services to the company and its users. This role requires regular travel between our offices in Varano & Maranello.
- Promote teamwork and effective communications to develop working relationships between all personnel and departments.
- Provide 1st to 3rd line technical support to users at factory and track.
- Provide operational support to all Haas offices both on-site and remotely.
- Assist with planning upgrades and changes to infrastructure both in and out of the racing season.
- Monitor and troubleshoot infrastructure and advise on necessary change.
- Support server hardware, storage platforms (SAN) and security appliances.
- Support and administer Windows based services such as AD, Group Policy, DNS and DHCP.
- Support and administer virtualization platforms such as VMWare.
- Support F1 and design specific hardware and software.
- Ensure up to date documentation and accurate reporting as required.
- Adhere to all IT and wider business processes.
- Follow all safety regulations in all venues.
- Assumes any responsibilities and duties delegated by the IT Operations Manager or his designee.
Education and Work Experience:
GCSE, High School diploma or equivalent required. Further education including BS in MIS or Computer Science required, or equivalent work experience. Typically requires at least 2-3 years’ experience in the IT field. Exposure to a racing environment preferred. Working in an international environment desirable.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Have relevant experience in a similar technical position, ideally in a motorsport or other pressured environment.
- Be extremely self-driven and able to work with minimal supervision.
- A quick thinker be a flexible and adaptive character with the ability react to and solve problems with speed and efficiency, sometimes under high pressure.
- Have excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Must be fluent in English, Italian will be beneficial.
Equipment and Applications:
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft server & desktop environments and active directory.
- A good understanding of Ethernet networking, routing, switching, network installations and troubleshooting.
- A working knowledge of design software such as Catia and Creo is an advantage.
- A working knowledge of virtualization platforms such as VMware or Hyper-V is an advantage.
Work Environment Physical Demands:
An ability to work and prioritize within a high pressure, time sensitive environment while retaining a methodical approach is essential. The role may require occasional international travel and a willingness to work long and flexible hours including weekends.
This position may require lifting to 50 pounds, repeated bending, squatting and manual dexterity. Fast-paced work environment requiring heavy mental demands. Work environment includes machinery, race cars, 7-post and other rigs, grinding debris, and hazardous fluids. All employees must ensure compliance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, and all relevant other statutory Health and Safety legislation.