Join the newest successful Formula One team! At Rich Energy Haas F1 Team, we are looking to grow our team and have an exciting position available in our Race Team Support department. This is an opportunity for experienced and team-oriented individuals to make a substantial impact within a small, fast-paced team.
We are a young, dynamic, and expanding team that is building an open, discursive environment full of opportunities for motivated individuals pursing a challenge. Rich Energy Haas F1 Team is designed to allow the best and brightest talent to excel within the premier form of racing in the world. The team debuted in the FIA Formula One World Championship in 2016, becoming the first American-led Formula One team since 1986. Founded by industrialist Gene Haas, the team is based in Kannapolis, North Carolina, USA, with team operations in Banbury, UK and Parma, Italy. Now in our fourth season, we have proven to be competitive with our uniquely-designed team that has quickly demonstrated a desire to win!
This position reports to the IT Operations Manager or his designee; is a one year fixed term contract and is located in Banbury, UK. Responsible for end user support to all employees at Haas F1 Team. They will play a key part in ensuring the delivery of best in class IT solutions and services to the company and its users.
- Promote teamwork and effective communications to develop working relationships between all personnel and departments.
- Provide 1st and 2nd line technical support (walk-up, phone, Skype) to users onsite and remote.
- Manage workload in Service Desk software, operating to defined SLA’s.
- Basic administration of the Haas F1 Office 365 environment.
- Support Windows based services such as Active Directory, File Permissions, Windows Updates, Group Policy, DNS and DHCP.
- Use tools and process to build client computer hardware and software.
- Process starters and leavers, including hardware, software, licensing, inductions, archiving and permissions.
- Support voice systems, meeting room technology and audio-visual equipment.
- Develop scripts and code to assist in task automation.
- Maintain factory asset management tools and stock control.
- Ensure up to date documentation and accurate reporting as required.
- Adhere to all IT, Health & Safety and wider business processes.
- Follow all safety regulations in all venues.
- Assumes any responsibilities and duties delegated by the IT Operations Manager or his designee.
Education and Work Experience:
- GCSE, High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Studying towards or recently completed a BSc in Computer Science or similar.
- Exposure to an international environment or a motor racing environment would be advantageous.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Enhanced communication skills and a drive to continuously learn and improve.
- Capable of working in a team environment to a very high standard and a positive work attitude.
- A sympathetic approach to your work colleagues and an ability to integrate within a group environment.
- A can-do positive approach and a willingness to help others is essential.
Equipment and Applications:
- Solid computer knowledge, preferred experience in Microsoft desktop, server environments and Active Directory.
- Familiar with WinTel end user support, peripheral devices, imaging, voice systems and Ethernet networking.
- CompTIA or equivalent certifications are an advantage.
Work Environment Physical Demands:
An ability to work and prioritize within a high pressure, time sensitive environment while retaining a methodical approach is essential. The role may require occasional domestic & international travel and a willingness to work long and flexible hours including weekends.
This position may require lifting to 50 pounds, repeated bending, squatting and manual dexterity. Fast-paced work environment requiring heavy mental demands. Work environment includes machinery, race cars, 7-post and other rigs, grinding debris, and hazardous fluids. All employees must ensure compliance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, and all relevant other statutory Health and Safety legislation.