Pirelli is a truly international group and is one of the world’s leading manufacturer of high performance tyres. Pirelli UK Tyres Ltd is the company responsible for all of the Pirelli Tyre related operations in the UK. For more information on the company please visit www.pirelli.co.uk .
IT is an integrated part of our business. The Head Office function is based in Burton on Trent, whilst Carlisle is primarily a Manufacturing environment, the Motorsport arm of the business is based in Oxford which is supported from the Burton Site.
A 1 year placement is available within the IT Department in Burton working within a small but disciplined and professional team. Main duties will include:
- Providing 2nd line support on-site (Office and Factory environments) and to remote users (field based, Barton and Oxford)
- Supporting IT Hardware, Software, Networks & Voice Infrastructures
- Installation of IT Hardware and Software
- Ensuring Company IT Corporate standards are deployed and maintained
- Managing IT related Projects
- Out-of-hours working (Evenings / Week End) may be necessary
To work as an integral part of the team we require the candidate to have the following:
- Ability to work on own initiative is essential as the role requires a high percentage of personal responsibility, in addition strong team working ethic is also required
- Good communication skills are essential due to the interaction with users at all levels and colleagues in other Pirelli units
- Good administration skills essential to ensure documentation, logs and databases are maintained
- Time Management skills to assist in planning working day, support & projects
- Knowledge of PC & Printer Hardware
- Knowledge and experience of Windows 0 & Microsoft standard Office Package
- Knowledge of Server environment and Networks – LAN / WAN
- Good organisational skills and ability to work on your own initiative in an often changing environment
- Due to the location of the sites supported, a driving license is essential for this role
Subject to the current situation, we are anticipating this role to start in July 2020.
Please note, this role will close on 14th May 2020, with telephone interviews taking place w/c 25th May 2020