- Plan, conduct, and execute shop floor MES (e.g. PLC, Traceability) development activities; lead troubleshooting and resolution initiatives related to IT infrastructure support issues.
- Monitor and ensure system and network availability for shop floor production systems.
- Provide technical clarification for internal customers and resolve IT systems-related problems that impede production; respond to incident requests or escalate (2nd-level) issues.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve problems related to IT data collection/analysis; provide diagnostic reports for MES and the data interface between cell computers and low-level production control systems (PLC).
- Leverage MES knowledge and software architecture to develop solutions for functional end-users.
- Maintain database store procedures and continually develop using import/export data for Traceability.
- Act as a liaison between the IT MES/software development group and the plant maintenance department.
- Support shop floor IT equipment (e.g. hand scanners, label printers, Ethernet hardware, etc.).
- Evaluate and/or recommend local IT solutions aligned with ZF standards and IT security considerations.
- Adhere to and ensure compliance with ZF corporate IT standard processes, procedures, and systems.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, formal training, reviewing professional publications, establishing and expanding professional networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Understand, support, and comply with all IATF 16949 requirements and processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Associates Degree in Information Systems, Engineering or related technical field of study.
- 2+ years of experience in IT systems analysis/development.
- Experience providing customer support and resolution regarding technical issues.
- Experience with MES/FIS systems and database solutions.
- Basic abilities in SQL programming.
- Basic abilities in the configuration and usage of IT infrastructure (i.e. data centers, servers and server OS, LAN/WAN, firewall/proxy servers, switches/routers, end-user devices, etc.).
- Demonstrated analytical abilities; strong troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced, high-volume environment.
- Strong organizational skills and strong project management skills.
Ability to interface with cross-functional teams and all levels of management.
- Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Intermediate abilities in SQL scripting and configuration of IT infrastructure (i.e. data centers, servers and server OS, LAN/WAN, firewall/proxy servers, switches/routers, end-user devices, etc.)
- Understanding of enterprise architectures and SDLC principles that support scalability and sustainability