POSITION TITLE: Credentials Representative, Internship
DEPARTMENT: Premium Services
REPORTS TO: Manager, Credentials
POSITION LOCATION: Indianapolis, IN
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
WORKER CATEGORY: Seasonal (Temporary)
DURATION: January – August 2021
The Indianapolis Motor Speedway is the worldwide leader in motorsports entertainment and the largest spectator sporting facility in the world. However, we are also about people. A talented staff with diverse skills that are used to the fullest in order to stage the world's great motor racing events. Employees at IMS are challenged daily to excel in an environment featuring a pace that matches the high speed of the machines that race at our famous facility. Working for us is a demanding, yet rewarding, endeavor for dedicated professionals who want to reach their ultimate potential amid the excitement, tradition and pageantry of the World’s Greatest Race Course.
Under the leadership of the Credentials Manager, Credentials Interns assist in the implementation of the credential plan for each major IMS event including the INDYCAR Grand Prix of Indianapolis, Indianapolis 500, Brickyard 400 and any other events at IMS.
- This position is responsible for developing and maintaining outstanding working relationships and providing excellence to all patrons of the Credential Department.
- Assists with the public sale of Bronze Badge credentials for the Month of May and sale of Pit Passes during Brickyard.
- Serve as the first impression for many IMS guests by providing excellent service, especially regarding questions or concerns they may have.
- Supports the office with tasks such as laminating, alphabetizing, and other duties as assigned, which helps with the organization and maintenance of each event.
- Handles the preparation and distribution of credentials and parking.
- Executes and distributes all liability releases and agreements for credentials through the SCORE software system.
- Responsible for season projects as assigned by the Manager; including but not limited to media releases, vendor credentials, and team and suite orders.
- Responds and communicates daily to credential requests and inquiries, providing a consultative role and analyzing and presenting solutions.
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to our company values. Own Results. Take Initiative. Value Diversity. Stay Resilient & Solution-Oriented. Act with Integrity. Speak Plainly. Build Relationships. Nurture Talent.
- Working towards a degree in Business, Hospitality Management, or Sport Management is preferred.
- Must demonstrate an appreciation toward providing exceptional customer service.
- High integrity and confidentiality.
- Team-first outlook, with the ability to build great working relationships with peers.
- Innovative thinker who isn’t afraid to take initiative.
- Excellent communication skills with an understanding of professionalism in all interactions
- Organizational skills, along with flexibility and the capacity to multitask while under time constraints.
- Must be able to work all IMS events during the Internship.
The internship begins in early January and concludes in early August. This position is flexible with class schedules but does require at least 12 hours a week until the end of the Spring semester. This position works full time hours during the Month of May. During May, candidate must be able to work long hours and weekends, with several overtime opportunities. This position may lead to the possibility of assisting the Credential Department with additional events during the year.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Must have the stamina to work long hours and must be willing to work an irregular schedule, which may include weekends or evenings
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed in both an office environment and outdoors.
- Interns will be exposed to those conditions normally encountered in a business office environment.
- Interns are faced with frequent interruptions and must meet with others on a regular basis.
- The noise level in the work environment can be loud, due to professional racing events.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
The Indianapolis Motor Speedway provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities and/or events.