After more than 60 years away from Formula One, Aston Martin is back on the grid for 2021. Based in Northamptonshire, Aston Martin Cognizant Formula One™ Team has almost 500 passionate people at its heart, making a team with both a rich heritage and a fresh perspective – bringing new energy to the sport with a determination to shake up the order and compete at the sharp end.
The Aston Martin era represents the beginning of a new journey for us, but the racer’s attitude and can-do approach remain central pillars in the team’s philosophy. The focus is always on improving performance and delivering results. With fresh investment and energy, the stage is set to build on Aston Martin’s rich history in motorsport and establish Aston Martin Cognizant Formula One™ Team as a competitive force in the years ahead.
To succeed on this mission, the team is looking for talented individuals who share our passion for racing and hunger for competition. It’s a stimulating and rewarding place to work, with pure racing at the core of everything we do. We are building for a strong future and every member of the team will play an important role in our success.
We are a brave and united team who value authenticity, honesty, and are never afraid to question conventions. We embrace these values in ways that reflect our modern world. If you share our racer’s spirit and want to contribute to the next chapter in Aston Martin’s glorious history, please apply and join one of the most exciting projects in Formula One.
We are currently looking for a HPC Engineer to fill a new and exciting position within the I.T Team
To provide support & delivery for all aspects of the high-performance computing environment. Role includes optimizing the environment and related components to achieve high performance of the primary applications supported.
- Provide HPC support & delivery to include: Client, server, storage, network & security systems
- Maintenance of documentation
- Maintenance of system backups / restores
- Liaison with key internal/external stakeholders including CFD/FE/Suppliers & other departments to understand HPC requirements
- Contribution to new and on-going HPC related projects
- Maintenance of project and change management documentation
- Monitoring of HPC systems availability
- Collaborate with other IT functions to ensure availability & reliability
- HPC asset control and auditing administration
- Delivery of new or improved HPC solutions
- Installation, configuration and administration of operating systems and applications
- Implementation, configuration and administration of hardware platforms
- Maintaining operations & administration processes
- Prioritising important tasks to be completed on project task lists or service desk queue
- Logging and tracking of project issues and risks
- Logging and tracking of service desk calls
- Maintaining and supporting change management processes
- Monitor and test HPC system performance and provide performance statistics and reports
- Create scripts as required
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- 3 years experience of relevant environments including:
- Relevant operating systems (Linux/CentOS etc.)
- Knowledge of cluster management and scheduling systems (GridEngine/Saltstack etc.)
- Experience with server performance tuning and monitoring tools (Zabbix/Grafana etc.)
- Familiarity with InfiniBand & TCP/IP network protocols and configuration
- Experience of storage technologies and file systems (GPFS/Lustre etc.)
- Knowledge of scripting tools (Bash etc.)
- Good written and oral communication skills; good interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer support skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Able to work well and stay calm in high-pressure situations
- Integrates and communicates well with team
- Willing to travel
Aston Martin Formula One Team is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining the most talented individuals, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion, belief, sex or sexual orientation. We strive to be a Team that reflects all the communities with which we engage around the world through diversity in the workplace and promoting an inclusive culture in which all team members are respected, empowered and valued.