HP Tyres are Dunlop Motorsport's largest UK Race Tyre dealers, based in Daventry. We provide all Dunlop Motorsport Circuit products at over 80 race meetings throughout the year, at events as diverse as the British Touring Car Championship and Goodwood Revival. Being Dunlop's premier dealer for more than 30 years has given HP Tyres unrivalled experience in GT, Saloon and Historic Racing.
An exciting position has arisen for a talented and driven Race manager to join our growing business.
As the Historic race manager you will be based in Daventry and work alongside the Company Director and other key members of the team to:
- Plan and manage race events from start to finish including:
- correct staffing levels
- stock requirements
- vehicle requirements
- travel & accommodation requirements
- sales administration
- stock reconciliation
- Undertake stock takes and advise on stock requirement planning.
- Liaise with the event organisers, manage staff, pit lane engineering and advise customers on the correct tyres for the job.
This is a challenging role where each day is different and will suit a motorsport enthusiast with a flexible approach to work.
- Full, clean driving licence.
- Knowledge of motorsport and a keen interest in the industry is essential
- To work and travel at weekends both nationally and internationally during the race season
- Articulate and confident communicator with a manner & customer focus commensurate of representing a global brand at the world’s most prestigious historic events
- Strong organisation skills
Experience of pit lane/paddock work is desirable but not essential as training will be given
Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
Good literacy and numeracy skills
Have some knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel and Sage
The successful candidate will receive a highly competitive salary and the opportunity to play a key role in the management team of an established and growing business with potential to progress.