Sherwood Engines Ltd are a family run business, established for 50 years, and are ready to expand further in 2020. We are seeking a professional engine builder to join the team, specialising in Ford based Historic Motorsport. We would ideally like to recruit someone with proven engine building experience in the Ford Cosworth BD series and a keen interest in engine development and testing. The role will include the following duties:
- Engine assembly and the ability to operate the basic machinery required.
- Logging incoming engines and disassembling them.
- Cleaning and crack testing all parts.
- Completing reports and job cards for each build.
- Logging of parts upon delivery.
- Building complete mechanical injection systems and carburetted engines.
- Testing engines on the in house Superflow Dynometer.
- Completing post dyno checks and documenting results.
- Packing engines for international transport.
- Liaising with the administrative office to ensure parts lists are complete and ready for billing.
- Full driving license required.
- A flexible approach to working hours and tasks is required. You may also be needed to attend some race weekends as customer support.
We are looking for the right person to join our close family business, who is equipped with the correct knowledge and experience to be a valuable member of our team. Salary depending on experience. Please send CV's with a cover letter to email@example.com with 'Engine Builder' in the subject line.