A fantastic opportunity has become available for a new Head of Vehicle Dynamics Group to join our Performance Department. Reporting to the Performance Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for maximising the car performance across the season through predictive optimisation of the car setup and usage, identification of the current opportunities and limitations, and efficient utilisation of the existing simulation technologies.
• To identify performance limitations and weaknesses of the current car across both chassis and powertrain areas and support the development of solutions resulting in delivery of lap time improvements.
• To coordinate the development and the efficient utilisation of the on-event car performance prediction chain.
• To support the continuous development of the simulation and modelling tools to improve the team’s ability to identify and develop holistic vehicle performance.
• To supervise the validation of the vehicle models and correlation work to ensure validity and reliability of the simulation results.
• To identify and develop new performance analysis methodologies/criteria to support objective technical decision making.
• Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering Degree or similar qualification.
• Excellent track record of F1 performance analysis and development.
• Thorough knowledge of vehicle dynamics, tyres, power unit and aerodynamic performance.
• Strong leadership skills with solid experience of technical management and team development.
• Outstanding communicative and collaborative skills to guarantee cross-departmental integration.
In return for your work and commitment, we offer a competitive package including bonus, life assurance, private medical cover, car lease scheme, 25 days holidays, subsidised restaurant and on-site gym facilities.