POSITION TITLE: Graphic Designer
DEPARTMENT: IMS Museum, IMS & INDYCAR Creative Services
REPORTS TO: IMS Museum, IMS & INDYCAR Art Directors
POSITION LOCATION: Indianapolis, IN
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
WORKER CATEGORY: Full-Time
The Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum’s mission is to celebrate more than a century of the innovation, thrill and adventure of motor racing at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Located within the famed 2.5-mile oval, the Museum hosts one of the world’s premier collections of automotive and motor racing vehicles and artifacts. The IMS Museum is operated by the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Foundation, a not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) entity, which relies on individual memberships, sponsor partners and philanthropic donations for much of its operating budget.
The Indianapolis Motor Speedway is the worldwide leader in motorsports entertainment and the largest spectator sporting facility in the world. The INDYCAR Series offers its lineup of drivers the most diverse challenges in motorsports; featuring racing at a combination of superspeedways, short ovals, road courses and street circuits. However, we are also about people. A talented staff with diverse skills that are used to the fullest in order to stage the world's great motor racing events.
Employees at both IMS and INDYCAR are challenged daily to excel in an environment featuring a pace that matches the high speed of the machines that race at our famous facility and in our series. Working for us is a demanding, yet rewarding, endeavor for dedicated professionals who want to reach their ultimate potential amid the excitement, tradition and pageantry of the World’s Greatest Race Course and our premier open-wheel racing series.
The Graphic Designer will work with IMS Creative Services, IMS Museum and INDYCAR teams to create compelling designs and layouts for company (IMS, Museum and INDYCAR) materials, including event publications, exhibits, brochures, logos, tickets, credentials, marketing and promotional materials, digital advertising, interactive media, banners, billboards, etc.
- Conceptualize and design collateral for Museum exhibitions and projects including, but not limited to: visual development, typography, banners, signage, and labels
- Responsible for creating and executing design concepts as well as maintaining visual appearance, usability and brand continuity for print media and digital delivery
- Works with creative team to concept and design incoming jobs for IMS and INDYCAR events
- Serves as a liaison between Creative Services, IMS Museum and INDYCAR to help streamline conception, production and timelines for IMS Museum exhibitions and projects
- Assists with inventory management of creative projects that are outstanding and need to be completed, as well as communicating with the key stakeholder on timelines and expectations
- Assists with proofreading, editing and digital file archiving on all projects.
- Sources bids and works closely with print vendors on projects from start to final delivery, ensuring quality and continuity meets IMS, IMS Museum and INDYCAR standards
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to the company and the Vision, Mission and Values
- Designs other materials as needed and performs other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
- At least one (1) year experience in graphic design and/or page layout
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, and strong organizational skills
- Effective creative and copy-writing skills
- Must be proficient in Macintosh based software: Adobe Creative Suite: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Must have ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong people skills; must be effective at managing good internal and external client relations
- High integrity and confidentiality
- Innovative thinker and self-starter
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree in Art/Graphic Design, related field, or equivalent experience.
- 8:30am-5pm Monday-Friday; additional hours required on event days/weekends
- No travel required
- This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Full-time employees enjoy a very competitive benefit package. Benefits include:
- Medical, including tax-advantaged Health Savings Account
- Dental & Vision
- Paid Vacation, Personal & Sick Days, 10 Paid Holidays
- Company Paid Life Insurance with an option to purchase additional voluntary life, accident and critical illness insurance.
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Paid Maternity / Paternity Leave
- On-site Workout Facility
- Complimentary tickets to major IMS events
- Employees also enjoy various supplier and sponsor discounts.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Penske Entertainment provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities and/or events.