Duties / Responsibilities (Including Objectives of the role):
Production of assemblies using component parts, to the required high quality standard, using a variety of hand or power tools & related equipment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure applicant is at their place of work at the designated starting times.
- Manufacture of assemblies to drawings/process/instructions using various types of equipment and tooling
- Knowledge of equipment being used:- Flypress,Spotwelders,Bushpress,Rivetpress,Grinding Wheels, Drills, Power Saw,Rivet guns and various other equipment & tools as appropriate
- Use of Grinding Wheels, Drills, Power Saw and various other tools as appropriate
- Inspection and testing of assemblies prior to next operation or completion
- Completion of batch cards.
- Identification of maintenance concerns & first level resolution.
- Moving parts to next operation.
- Work in accordance with Health & Safety guidelines including keeping work area and machine clean and tidy and keeping themselves & others safe at all times.
- Responsible for using and keeping in good condition P.P.E.equipment supplied.
- Report shortages & maintenance concerns to Team Leader or Supervisor.
- Understand & respond to the quality & process feedback system.
- Can work with minimum supervision.
- To be able to work in a structured process
Qualifications and Experience (Essential & Desirable criteria)
- GCSE (or equivalent) Maths
- General assembly Discipline
- Attention to detail,Dextrous and good communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team or individually as and when required A good level of common sense & attention to detail
- Must be able to understand & communicate effectively in English both written & verbal.
- This role can be physically challenging & candidates need to be able to carry out physical tasks.