Founded in 1946, Richmond Raceway is America’s Premier Short Track. The venue annually hosts two NASCAR race weekends, featuring the NASCAR Cup Series and either NASCAR Xfinity Series or NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series, and an NTT IndyCar Series race weekend on the iconic ¾-mile D-shaped oval. Richmond Raceway is a regional leader for events including sports, live music and consumer trade shows. The Richmond Raceway Complex’s 1,100 plus acre multipurpose facility hosts more than 200 live events over 280 event days annually, including concerts with top national recording artists at Virginia Credit Union LIVE!, the region’s only covered amphitheater.
This position is responsible for performing groundskeeping, custodial, minor maintenance, routine preventative maintenance, and repair on buildings, facilities, and mechanical equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain the overall condition of the building and grounds.
- Mows, edges, trim lawns and border areas using riding mower, hand or power equipment.
- Removes weeds and debris from walkways, culverts, stairways, roadways, planters and parking areas by hand or via herbicide application.
- Installs or replaces turf.
- Water plants and grass as needed and apply fertilizer using hand or power equipment.
- Participates in general cleaning and repair work.
- Uses hand and power tools in making minor maintenance repairs and maintaining grounds and walks.
- Uses brooms, mops, and floor equipment to sweep, mop, and clean floors.
- Gathers and disposes of trash and waste materials using specified procedures.
- Replenishes restroom supplies.
- Clean debris and dust from the assigned areas.
- Perform preventive building maintenance duties.
- Perform routine plumbing repairs such as unstopping toilets, sinks or urinals, fixing water leaks, and leaking faucets.
- Participate in general cleaning, painting, and repair work.
- Perform routine electrical repairs such as changing light bulbs or fluorescent lamps and assists in repairing ballast and light fixtures.
- Assemble and move furniture, hang pictures, set up and tear down chairs, tables and equipment in meeting rooms.
- Basic office systems knowledge including but not limited to computer system & programs, cellular phone. Microsoft Office suite knowledge preferred (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Other duties as assigned
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Valid drivers license.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift/carry up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to clearly see surrounding terrain to allow for safe operation of assigned equipment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to vibration and occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud but can be very loud at times.
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at www.careers.nascar.com for consideration.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.