Located within five hours (300 miles) of 25 percent of the U.S. population, Watkins Glen International is the premier road racing facility in North America, three-times voted “Best NASCAR Track” by readers of USA Today. The Glen hosts a diverse portfolio of premier sports car, open wheel and stock car races throughout the year.
Duration: May 2021 – September 2021 (on dates listed below)
Watkins Glen International is seeking enthusiastic professionals with customer service experience to assist with gate operations during event weekends. Applicants must be friendly, reliable, highly motivated, and a team player with the ability to multitask.
*Seeking Overnight Staff, please mention if application if interested
- Greet customers and guests entering the facility
- Check for appropriate event credentials and/or tickets
- Sell event tickets
- Inspect campers and RV’s as they enter
- Assist customers with questions and information
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to work overnight shifts a plus
- Must be able to work 4-5 weekends (NASCAR weekend REQUIRED)
- June 18-20 SCCA weekend (minimum 8 hours)
- June 24-27 IMSA weekend (minimum 16 hours)
- July 8-11 Finger Lakes Wine Fest weekend (minimum 24 hours)
- August 4-8 NASCAR weekend (REQUIRED Wednesday through Sunday with minimum 40 hours)
- September 9-12 Hilliard Vintage Grand Prix (minimum 16 hours)
- September 16-19 GT World Challenge (minimum 8 hours)
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Able to handle cash and credit card transactions
- Professional presentation and able to work with the public
- Work well under pressure
- Problem solving skill
- Able to stand for long periods of time and occasional lifting up to 25 pounds
*Position requires employees to work outside, must be able to prepare for weather conditions.
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at www.careers.nascar.com for consideration.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.