Join the newest successful Formula One team! At Rich Energy Haas F1 Team, we are looking to grow our team and have an exciting position available in our Race Team Support department. This is an opportunity for experienced and team-oriented individuals to make a substantial impact within a small, fast-paced team.
We are a young, dynamic, and expanding team that is building an open, discursive environment full of opportunities for motivated individuals pursing a challenge. Rich Energy Haas F1 Team is designed to allow the best and brightest talent to excel within the premier form of racing in the world. The team debuted in the FIA Formula One World Championship in 2016, becoming the first American-led Formula One team since 1986. Founded by industrialist Gene Haas, the team is based in Kannapolis, North Carolina, USA, with team operations in Banbury, UK and Parma, Italy. Now in our fourth season, we have proven to be competitive with our uniquely-designed team that has quickly demonstrated a desire to win!
This position reports to the Chief Garage Technician or his designee; is located in Banbury, UK. Responsible for the build and presentation of the garage and associated equipment as well as the transportation of race team freight including cars and pit equipment.
- Promote teamwork and effective communications to develop working relationships between all personnel and departments.
- Construction of the garage environment at all tests and races including bannering system, overhead lighting gantry, services and pit equipment.
- Supporting the on-car race team during running sessions to ensure that the team operates in an efficient, professional and safe manner at all times.
- To ensure that all road, air and sea freight is correctly and safely loaded on-time for transportation.
- Maintenance of all pit equipment in accordance with schedules and presentation standards.
- You will be responsible for the cleanliness and condition of your work area, the garage, and all tools and equipment.
- Follow all safety regulations in all venues.
- Assumes any responsibilities and duties delegated by the Chief Garage Technician or his designee.
Education and Work Experience:
GCSE, High School diploma or equivalent required. Further education including Trade School, Apprenticeship or University Degree desired. Preferred 2 years work experience in a professional motorsports environment.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Previous experience of working in a professional motorsport environment.
- Proven experience of working alone and within a team.
- Ability to diagnose equipment faults and create solutions to solve associated issues.
- The ability to consistently work to the highest standards with an exceptional attitude towards attention to detail.
- Ability to deliver solutions in a pressurised environment under tight time constraints.
- A can do positive approach and a willingness to help others.
- Basic understanding of formula one vehicle systems and technology.
- Knowledge of formula one garage equipment and systems.
- Self-motivated with the ability to use initiative where appropriate.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to overcome technical and operational issues.
Equipment and Applications:
- Solid computer knowledge, preferred experience in Microsoft Office products.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to follow regulations related to shipment of materials.
Work Environment Physical Demands:
An ability to work and prioritize within a high pressure, time sensitive environment while retaining a methodical approach is essential. The role may require extensive domestic and international travel and a willingness to work long and flexible hours including weekends.
This position may require lifting to 50 pounds, repeated bending, squatting and manual dexterity. Fast-paced work environment requiring heavy mental demands. Work environment includes machinery, race cars, 7-post and other rigs, grinding debris, and hazardous fluids. All employees must ensure compliance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, and all relevant other statutory Health and Safety legislation.