Williams is one of the world’s leading Formula 1 teams. It exists purely to race in the top echelon of motor racing, where it has been winning Grands Prix for more than three decades. The Williams name has been synonymous with top-level motorsport since the 1960s.
We are looking to recruit an Event Support Technician with an Electrical qualification.
Working as part of Garage Event Support Team, you will be responsible for loading, transportation, build, and operation of the event garage, both on time and to the highest standard. Responsible for all Electrical cabling and set up including on site Electrical breakdown and repair. Assist in the operation, servicing and functionality checking of all garage equipment both at the Williams factory and at events around the world.
In compliance with national Secure Freight Consigner conditions, five years’ continuous employment, education and/or training must be evidenced and ay gaps exceeding 28 days accounted for. A criminal record check will also be carried out. This will be explained in more detail during interview.
This varied role will include, but will not be limited to:
- Being accountable for the loading/unloading of trucks and both air and sea freight as required for different events.
- To participate in the preparation of the Pre-build and build and disassembly of the event garage and associated equipment.
- Responsible for all Event Garage Electrical cabling and set up, including repairs and maintenance.
- Carry out maintenance and servicing of equipment as required, both at the Williams factory and at events.
- Working with other team members to ensure the car, car equipment and garage are maintained and presented to the highest possible standards.
- Working with other team members to support the operation of Formula One cars to stringent design and specification requirements.
- Report any faults or issues with any equipment/components which may lead to a failure.
- To attend race and any events as organised by the company.
- Proactively assist the Garage Support Team Leader to ensure the workload is completed on time and to the correct standard.
- Take part in race pit stop training and associated training programmes.
- To form a good working relationship with the Garage Support Team Leader, Chief Mechanic and car crew.
- Ensure that you are aware of, and comply with, and also promote the Company Health and safety requirements and policies at all times.
- The successful candidate must be trained to at least the 17th Edition of the IEE Wiring Regulations.
- Race on/race off, working in factory when not trackside.
- For fly away races (not Europeans) you’ll be on a day/night shift rotation.
What can Williams offer?
The Williams Group is based in Grove, Oxfordshire. We offer free onsite parking and large open green spaces to unwind during breaks. We are a short 5 minutes’ from Wantage, our closest town centre. We have an on-site gym which is free to use for all staff and contractors. We also have a subsidised restaurant on site. Please scroll down the page to review our benefits suite below.
Application closing date:
All applications must be received by 2nd October 2020
The Williams Group is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.
Strictly no agencies.