Honda Racing F1 are seeking an ESS Electrical & Test Engineer to join their growing team in Milton Keynes.
This is fantastic chance to work in the fast paced, dynamic world of Motorsport. The purpose of the role is to work within the Energy Storage System (ESS) development and
production teams, and to take responsibility to proof out design concept by testing components of the ESS pack, cooling system, HV system and battery monitoring system, etc.
You will also be providing feedback of test results and advice to the design team, as well as designing and testing electrical parts (including harness and PCB) of the ESS programme.
• Testing prototype components or systems of the ESS pack.
• Creating test rig and measurement system for obtaining test results
• Liaising with other technical groups, suppliers for cell & power electronics and the partners of chassis team
• Feedback to design team or development team about the test result.
• Investigate any fault on ESS pack at development, production, sign-off process, and used on the race car.
• Designing and testing electrical parts of ESS pack and ERS parts including looms.
• Designing and testing of the test rig and garage equipment for ESS pack
• Liaising with other technical groups and suppliers for subcontracted work
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Experience of design proof out rig testing including creating test procedure and setting up test rig
• Experience of managing subcontractor for rig test
• Degree in Electrical/Electronic technology or equivalent
• Experience of wire harness, specifying PCB design and testing
• Good knowledge of ERS or HV Battery System
• Good knowledge of measurement tools and equipment
• Excellent document presentational skills
• An adept communicator, be able to build good relationships across all cultures both internally and externally
• Fluency in spoken & written English is essential. Competence in Japanese or another
• European language is desirable
A competitive salary will be offered dependant upon experience