Race Winning Brands has exciting opportunity for an Engineering Tech position to work in our headquarters office in Mentor, OH.
The primary function includes but is not limited to provide support to engineering by performing basic engineering functions and measurement services.
Essential duties include but are not limited to
- coordinating and meeting demand schedule for the measurement of sample pistons and components.
- responsible for the accuracy and completeness of all information produced.
- maintaining all high level measurement gages and insuring maintenance schedules are followed.
- maintaining manual measurement equipment and fixtures issued to perform job function.
- insures all measurement devices used are calibrated to certified standards and that certification of standards is maintained.
- responsibility for recommending equipment and procedures to improve the accuracy, repeatability, and efficiency of measurements.
- providing support to ongoing process capability studies through thorough sample measurements.
- maintaining piston sample cabinets. Insuring the accuracy and organization of all piston samples used for engineering reference.
- calculating combustion chamber volumes on sample heads and creating dome molds when necessary.
- providing support to product design engineers.
- Excellent written & oral communication skills.
- High level of self-initiative with the ability to manage & execute multiple projects & tasks with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to work within cross-functional teams to identify and address opportunities for process improvements.
- Must be able to work with large spreadsheets and have a strong understanding of conditional formatting and pivot tables.
- Must have good attention to detail. Problem Solving and Detail oriented.
- Ability to work in conjunction with Engineering and Manufacturing teams.
- Associate degree from an accredited university with 1-2 years of work experience required. (4-year degree with relevant work experience may be accepted)
- Experience working with ERP systems is a strong plus.
- Experience with MAS500, Quickbase, VB a plus.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 40 hours per week.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Proficient in Office (specifically Excel).
- Up to 10% domestic travel.
- Must be able to travel by air.