Reporting to Engine Chief Designer, the Engine Design Engineer will design and develop parts of the WRC engine unit such as engine hardware (block, head, reciprocating parts, valve train, ancillaries …), air intake and exhaust systems, lubrication, workshop tools, cooling & in-car installation. Development may range from creating new designs from the initial concept phase all the way to parts supply monitoring and validation (on dyno or car).
- To design and develop parts of the WRC engine
- To follow items from the calculation and design process, to the assembly and sign-off on dyno and/or car
- Bill of material setting
- Managing development of components and systems together with suppliers
Relationship with other design teams such as chassis, electronics.
Relationship with suppliers for parts supply monitoring and quality issues
Relationship with the engine workshop for assembly process support, validation of the new parts
- Engineering bachelor degree or equivalent
- 2-5 years of engine design experience, specifically within the motorsport industry
- A strong background in mechanical design engineering
- Strong knowledge of CATIA V5 (Part Design, Generative Shape Design, Drafting)
- Proficient in geometrical dimensioning and tolerancing and Microsoft (Excel, PPT, Word)
- Good communication skills, fluent English is compulsory, German speaking is a plus
- Clear attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple priorities are key to success in this role. A flexible approach to working hours and tasks is essential.