For many fans of Formula One, the sport exists between lights and chequered flag on a Sunday afternoon. It begins and ends with the exploits of the drivers on the track. But this is merely the tip of the spear. The reality of modern F1 is that of a complex and intertwined operation, every part of which needs to perform near its limit if success is to be achieved. From the pit crew searching for the ultimate repeatable pit stop, to the inspiration of the designers, the application of engineers and the herculean efforts of an army of fabricators and machinists, Formula One is a team sport in a very literal sense – that's why we love what we do.
In our purpose built Electronics facility we have the tools required to develop new technologies, deliver exciting research projects and above all support our dynamic team of Engineers, ensuring that they flourish and realise their goals and targets.
The role involves working on a wide variety of projects within our Electronics Design function and alongside our team of Engineers. You will be responsible for the specification, design, test and calibration of our Electrical and Electronic components and their associated equipment, allowing us to meet the requirements of our Engineering function. You will work on our on and off car systems, test rigs and equipment, as well as producing the required documentation and procedures to suit. You will be required to carry out fault investigation and resolution of allocated issues. You will be working with various disciplines across RBR, RBPT and RBT.
So you’ve heard a little of what we can offer you, here’s what we would like from you:
- Degree qualified in an Electronics discipline.
- A high-level understanding of Electrical and Electronic systems used within the Motorsport, Aerospace or Automotive industries.
- You will be experienced in producing robust design solutions for small batch, prototype, Analogue and Digital circuits and have experience of working as part of a small multi skilled engineering group.
- You will be competent in producing Technical documentation and specifications.
- You will have a good knowledge of sensor technologies.
- You will be process driven with a tremendous level of self-motivation and initiative and are an excellent communicator both verbal and written.
- Experience in the use of PCB design tools and Computer Aided Design Harness packages. (Ideally Unigraphics NX12) would be advantageous.
Here at Red Bull Powertrains we have a wide range of employee benefits; but above all, the job satisfaction doesn’t get any better than the feeling of making a real contribution to the function of our grand prix cars.
Job Posting End Date
Sun, 26 Sep 2021