Pratt Miller is a world-class technology company and a respected leader in motorsports, automotive, and defense industries providing clients with advanced engineering and low-volume manufacturing solutions.
Pratt Miller is looking for highly talented candidates to focus on vehicle electronics and controls design, development and integration.
As an engineering company with a wide-ranging customer base, our interns will support development of prototype and concept vehicles, with a strong focus on vehicle electrification, autonomous vehicles and unmanned vehicle platforms. Primary customers support the advanced automotive and defense industries. An open mind to new challenges and a desire to constantly learn is a must for any candidate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Typical responsibilities for interns include, but are not limited to the following items:
- Assist Engineers with Vehicle Electrical Architecture by:
- Developing vehicle integration strategy for electrical systems
- Defining architecture for power generation, management, and storage
- Defining CAN architecture and integrate vehicle communication systems
- Communicating wiring and connector requirements to support harness builds• Assist Engineers with System Hardware Specification by:
- Following industry standards for vehicle electrical systems and wiring
- Researching, selecting, and sourcing sensors, actuators, motors, energy storage, and other hardware
- Communicating mechanical requirements of system to project design staff
- Identifying controller hardware to meet I/O and computational requirements
- Designing wiring harness and working with electronics lab to build harnesses
Assist Engineers with Vehicle Builds by:
- Integrating electronic systems into vehicles
- Interfacing with suppliers to ensure performance and timing expectations are met
- Troubleshooting electrical issues ranging from harnessing to controller states
- Processing and analyzing performance and test data
- Providing analysis, insight, and feedback for development
Assisting Engineers with Controls and Software Development through:
- Developing and supporting algorithm development in Simulink using a rapid prototype environment
- Use of ROS for vehicle path planning and path following
- Integrating and building prototype systems in development vehicles
- Calibrating software and validating software in test vehicles
- The candidate must be able to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Ideal candidates will be working towards the following degree(s):
- BS or MS in Electrical, Mechanical, Software Engineering or related engineering discipline
This position will require lawful access to ITAR/EAR controlled information and employees in this role will need to meet those requirements. Requirements include US Citizenship, US Permanent Resident or ability to meet licensure requirements.
Pratt Miller is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.