Founded by Jay Penske in 2007, GEOX DRAGON is an American racing team which became one of the 12 teams competing in the all-electric FIA Formula E World Championship. This is an opportunity for a highly skilled team player to join us and make the difference.
Dragon is looking for talented individuals who share our passion for racing and competition.
Dragon is seeking an experience Driving Simulator & Simulation Engineer who will be responsible for ongoing development and operation of Dragon’s driver in the loop simulator and simulations with the objective of improving the on track performance of our racing cars.
- Responsible for continuous development of our driving simulator to further enhance the realism and correlation between the car and the DIL/HIL
- Responsible for energy management simulations.
- Work independently and within a team group to define and deliver performance for races, tests and simulation events.
- Establish traceability between the requirements, models and simulation results
- Comfortable leading and delivering a wide range of projects including mechanical developments, software analysis tools, IT upgrades
- Contribute to the operation and reliability of the simulator sessions including assisting with fault diagnosis and problem solving, sometimes under the pressure
- Working with Race drivers to improve their performance through driving or setup and settings changes
- Work within the team to collectively develop the engineering capability and knowledge of the team.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- Degree in Computer Science, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Significant experience in a top level motorsports environment in an similar Engineering position
- A deep understanding of vehicle dynamics analysis is required
- Experience with driving simulators and simulations.
- Strong problem solving skills and a good fundamental understanding of vehicles
- Strong interest in clean energy, technology, and manufacturing
- Ability to think outside the box
- React professionally and take decision within tight deadlines and high pressure environment
- A positive approach and a willingness to support colleagues
- Eligible to work in the UK
- An ability to work and prioritize within a high pressure, time sensitive environment while retaining a methodical approach is essential. The role may require extensive domestic and international travel and a willingness to work long and flexible hours including weekends.
- The team’s motto is ‘e pluribus unum’, meaning, ‘out of many, emerges one’. We place the highest value on integrity, self-motivation, impeccable attention to detail, relentless determination, resilience, and the ability to collaborate and works as team in an honest and high-pressure environment. We regularly go above and beyond and are committed to doing whatever is necessary to achieve our goals and make our ambitions a reality. We expect the same from everyone on our team.