The McLaren name is synonymous with motorsport. The story across five decades of racing at the pinnacle of global motorsport is of restless technical development with characters of passion and true grit, all with a single-minded determination to succeed. The trophy cabinet at McLaren Technology Centre (MTC) tells a thousand stories of world champions, great drivers, constructor titles and of all those individuals who have stood on the sport’s global stage to make their invaluable contribution in making that difference: that extra thousandth of second off a lap time.
With a backdrop of continued growth and success, McLaren Automotive is now consolidating its motorsport strategy with specific aims; enriching the customer’s experience on and off track, broadening the McLaren brand appeal to a wider global audience and delivering motorsport experiences that are best in class.
As we begin this exciting journey we are looking for Development Technicians to join our rapidly expanding team and help us to deliver the best GT cars to our global customer base.
Purpose of the role:
An opportunity exists within the Development group for an experienced Vehicle Development Technician to assemble, maintain, prepare and support the operation of multi-project test and development vehicles at both MTC Woking and at various test locations.
- Build, maintain, update, prepare and support the operation of concept/mule/prototype and production level vehicles and simulation rigs, primarily during their test and development activities.
- Maintenance of the workshop and equipment to the standards set by McLaren.
- Interaction with design/engineering staff to establish and achieve requirements, specifications and targets.
Knowledge, skills & experience:
- Experience in motorsport/prototype/low volume/high performance complete vehicle builds, covering the manufacture, assembly and operating of such vehicles.
- Basic welding, machining and fabrication skills are desirable.
- Understanding of current automotive electrical systems and diagnostic tools would be advantageous.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Clean Driving Licence & current passport required for travel purposes.
- IT literate in various packages e.g. Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Flexible approach to working hours, to include weekend working when required.
- Willingness to travel, working for periods away from home.
- Self-motivated, with an ability to work alone when required and also as part of a team.
- Quality driven and excellent attention to detail.
We recognise that we can only achieve our vision with the dedication and collaboration of our world class employees. It is our aim to become the employer of choice within the global automotive industry.
At McLaren Automotive we are constantly looking to improve. To become the employer of choice we are always looking to develop our employee offerings. We currently offer a range of benefits to employees at all levels of the business including Private Healthcare, Contributory Pension Scheme, Life Assurance and Personal Lease Car Scheme. We also offer a range of discounts with our partner organisations.