Pratt Miller is a world-class technology company and a respected leader in motorsports, automotive, and defense industries providing clients with advanced engineering and low-volume manufacturing solutions.
Our Design interns apply existing skill sets to solve engineering design and development problems while expanding their current knowledge base. These efforts can be applied to short or long-term projects, including virtual prototype development, design, and development, testing assistance, and engineering analysis. Candidates must have some CAD experience.
Position will require working individually, under the mentorship of a Senior Design Department Mentor, and/or with a small team of designers / engineers to execute customer projects. Projects include motorsports, automotive, defense and commercial industries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Typical responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
1. Vehicle System Design and Development
2. Product Design & Development
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Experience in parametric 3D modeling and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Technical writing skills for reports and specifications using MS Word and Excel; good platform skills using PowerPoint for presentations.
- Must have an understanding of the basic materials and processes utilized in structural products as well as associated testing techniques to validate product integrity.
Desired Education and Training:
- BS or MS candidate in Materials Science, Mechanical, Aerospace or Automotive Engineering
Desired Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- ProE, Unigraphics, CATIA, Solidworks, IDEAS, Mechanical Desktop
- Ansys, NASTRAN, Optistruct linear static structural analysis
This position will require lawful access to ITAR/EAR controlled information and employees in this role will need to meet those requirements. Requirements include US Citizenship, US Permanent Resident or ability to meet licensure requirements.
Pratt Miller is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.