Join Racing Point F1Team and become a part of our exciting future as we expand our workforce and facilities, realise our long term ambitions and take the step to the next level.
We are looking for a Design Engineer specialising in surface concept design to join our aerodynamic department and help us achieve our ambitions. We are a young, dynamic team that is built on the foundations of almost 30 years of F1 history.
This position is located in our Silverstone based HQ before we relocate to a brand new purpose built facility.
- Creation of high-quality, race-car ready, parametric surfaces.
- Creation of new concept surfaces, working in close partnership with our aerodynamicists to evolve current designs and deliver fresh ideas.
- Ensuring adherence to FIA regulations and department quality standards.
- Use of effective communication to develop working relationships between multiple departments.
- A natural ability to understand and manipulate complex shape geometry.
- Strong technical background in motorsport/automotive surface design.
- Experience of advanced parametric CAD surface design preferably in CATIA V6.
- Knowledge of macros and scripts to optimise your CAD workflow.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to work to a consistently high standard and meet tight deadlines.
- Able to prioritise work load and manage your time efficiently.
- Ability to work as part of a team to give and receive constructive feedback.
- An organised and methodical approach to work.
Education and Work Experience:
- Minimum of undergraduate degree or apprenticeship in a relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in motorsport or automotive surface design role.
- Formula 1 or other motorsport experience is beneficial but not essential.