The McLaren name is synonymous with motorsport. The story across five decades of racing at the pinnacle of global motorsport is of restless technical development with characters of passion and true grit, all with a single-minded determination to succeed.
With a backdrop of continued growth and success, McLaren Automotive is now consolidating its motorsport strategy with specific aims; enriching the customer’s experience on and off track, broadening the McLaren brand appeal to a wider global audience and delivering motorsport experiences that are best in class.
To support our extensive growth, we are looking for a Customer Support Manager to join our Commercial team within McLaren GT Motorsport.
Purpose of the role:
As Customer Support Manager, you will support the roll out of our Motorsport Dealer Network and ensuring we develop a strong set of relationships with new sponsors and technical partners.
- Oversee team to deliver market-leading Customer Support to customers of McLaren motorsport’s GT programmes
- Lead and co-ordinate the team of customer support engineers and technicians providing track-side and remote support and solutions to customers
- Manage response to customer technical and sporting queries and requirements
- Liaise with Aftersales department to ensure customer satisfaction on delivery of spare parts and services for direct delivery and track-side
- Manage collation and dissemination of best-practice information to and from customers to feed into engineering department
- Lead communication of vehicle developments and bulletins to customers
- Maintain and enhance training and skills levels of team of customer support engineers and technicians
Knowledge, skills & experience:
- Skilled negotiator adept at managing complex negotiations at management level with both internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of co-ordination of track-side customer support at manufacturer level in international endurance racing
- Experience of co-ordinating support engineers and delivering on CRM objectives and plans
- Familiarity with automotive and/or motorsport supply chains and stores management
- Demonstrable success of contractual management, delivering both relationship stability and commercial advantage
- Confident in presenting strategies with required analysis and business case
- Ability to drive results whilst working across a wide range of stakeholders
- Communication, performance reporting and business case justification at a strategic level within an organisation
- An energetic, driven and goal based leader with a passion for delivering challenging projects to exact and compact timescales with a significant amount of innovation and customer focus;
- An excellent communicator with the ability to lead and motivate teams and work cross functionally;
- Passionate about engineering and design in high performance automotive environments;
- Confident, engaging communicator able to influence and lead high level meetings;
- A natural mentor and coach who values personal relationships across the whole business;
- Adopts a creative & thoughtful approach to concept design and solving engineering problems with good attention to detail and an engaging mind.
We recognise that we can only achieve our vision with the dedication and collaboration of our world class employees. It is our aim to become the employer of choice within the global automotive industry.
At McLaren Automotive we are constantly looking to improve. To become the employer of choice we are always looking to develop our employee offerings. We currently offer a range of benefits to employees at all levels of the business including Private Healthcare, Contributory Pension Scheme, Life Assurance and Personal Lease Car Scheme. We also offer a range of discounts with our partner organisations.