The McLaren name is synonymous with motorsport. The story across five decades of racing at the pinnacle of global motorsport is of restless technical development with characters of passion and true grit, all with a single-minded determination to succeed.
With a backdrop of continued growth and success, McLaren Automotive is now consolidating its motorsport strategy with specific aims; enriching the customer’s experience on and off track, broadening the McLaren brand appeal to a wider global audience and delivering motorsport experiences that are best in class.
To support this exciting growth and development of our Motorsport function we are looking for multiple Customer Support Engineers to provide a world class service to our teams using McLaren GT Motorsport products across championships around the globe. We want you to provide an invaluable contribution in making that difference: that extra thousandth of second off a lap.
Purpose of the role:
As Customer Support Engineer, you will play a critical role working trackside with our customer teams providing best in class support across multiple championships.
This is a fundamentally key role to managing and enhancing the relationship between McLaren GT Motorsport and our key customer bases.
- Receive technical concerns from McLaren’s network of approved Motorsport Retailers, customer race teams and McLaren motorsport product owners
- Provide track-side engineering guidance supporting customer racing in international GT championships
- Implement at events attended track-side customer support, ECU programming and BOP implementation etc for customer teams
- Give advice to customer teams on event-specific car operation and maintenance
- Liaise with McLaren Motorsport Engineering and Series Development teams, providing retailer and customer feedback on technical issues and concerns.
- Write engineer reports from events and feed information into wider customer support and engineering departments
- Provide workshop-based remote diagnostic and advisory sessions for customer teams
- Technical support to McLaren motorsport retailers which may involve travel within and outside the UK
Knowledge, skills & experience:
- Experience of motorsport industry, either racing or customer support
- Understanding of GT race car data engineering
- Computer literate – Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to demonstrate a calm way of thinking when under pressure
- Knowledge of Electrical Diagnostic Systems and Hardware preferred
- Understanding of Modern Vehicle operating systems (EHB, ABS, HVAC, Engine, and Transmissions)
- Well presented, with professional mannerisms befitting of the McLaren organisation
- Adaptable, quick thinking, decisive, showing strong initiative and self determination
- Strong planning, good follows up skills, meticulous in detail
- Demonstrates a methodical approach
- Confident with good interpersonal & communication, (especially verbal & written) skills
- Mobile & willing to travel abroad as requested
We recognise that we can only achieve our vision with the dedication and collaboration of our world class employees. It is our aim to become the employer of choice within the global automotive industry.
At McLaren Automotive we are constantly looking to improve. To become the employer of choice we are always looking to develop our employee offerings. We currently offer a range of benefits to employees at all levels of the business including Private Healthcare, Contributory Pension Scheme, Life Assurance and Personal Lease Car Scheme. We also offer a range of discounts with our partner organisations.