We have a full time position available at our Bicester workshop for a creative, driven and self motivated individual to join our small team of well rounded composite technicians.
At BAMD we pride ourselves in producing high quality products for our range of customers in the Automotive, Motorsport (F1), Design & Arts sectors. We also provide creative solutions to meet our customer’s difficult and distinctive briefs, as well as designing and developing our own range of products.
The successful candidate will be able to integrate themselves into our small composites team, encompassing the ability to manufacture high quality products either from a drawing or production brief using a range of techniques.
The chosen candidate will be required and have the ability to:
- produce and prepare moulds using a variance of laminating techniques including; pre-preg, resin infusion, wet layup and vacuum bagging
- create intricate patterns and have the capability to hand cut kits
- use their own initiative, unsupervised at times, but generally work as part of a team under a experienced Composites Manager to meet demanding deadlines
- apply themselves to a range of composite tasks, foreseeing and overcoming problems and issues quickly and effectively
- present themselves in a professional manner whilst representing the company at all times
The ideal candidate should have:
- a competent knowledge of different composite techniques
- a hardworking, motivated attitude to produce a range of products to a high standard
- good communication skills and the ability to work in close proximity with others is essential
- practical hand skills and the willingness to carry out a variance of work is crucial to this role
Although the position will be based primarily at our Bicester workshop, own transport is necessary due to its isolated location. Furthermore, there may be times where it is necessary for work to be carried out off site at customer premises with a deviation to normal working hours.