Do you want to be part of a high performing, dynamic business on the cutting edge of engineering and elite motorsport technology? PWR is currently recruiting for Cooling Systems Engineers to be based in both the UK.
Who we are:
PWR Performance Products is a global market leader in the design and manufacture of high performance automotive products. PWR specialises in motorsport cooling applications and supplies leading race teams all over the world including Formula 1, NASCAR, V8 Supercars, BTCC, WRC, Dakar plus high-end OEM and the automotive aftermarket.
PWR are expanding into new markets including Aerospace, Military and Electronics.
The key responsibilities of the role is to supply engineering solutions to new and existing Motorsport and Niche OEM customers.
You will be responsible for:
- Identifying opportunities to supply improved cooling solutions to our customers;
- Use existing and assist in developing new tools to perform calculations to ascertain optimised thermal, aerodynamic and mechanical properties;
- Prepare written engineering proposals and presentations;
- Work with, guide and support customer’s in-house engineers and assist with relationship building with commercial and financial representatives to deliver optimised business solutions;
- Engineering project management of customer programmes;
- Engineering design liaison between customers and our design office;
- Undertake costing calculations;
- Attend trade shows, motorsport events to promote the business to the market; and
- Domestic and international travel as required to meet client’s expectations.
Who YOU are:
- Solid Mechanical Engineering experience in the form of an Engineering Degree, Engineering Diploma or significant industry experience with a technical and analytical bias;
- Experience within the automotive cooling industry sector an advantage;
- Thermodynamic industry or study experience an advantage;
- Experience within the Motorsport and Niche OEM sectors would be advantageous;
- Strong commercial mind-set;
- A multi-lingual applicant would be looked upon favourably (ideally German and/or French);
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients at all levels from the Board room to the pit-lane;
- Be prepared to work extended and flexible hours as and when required;
- Experience of CFD would be beneficial but not essential;
- 2D CAD and/or 3D modelling skills would be looked upon very favourably;
- Be capable of working in a fast moving, dynamic and demanding environment;
- Must hold a full UK or Australian driving licence;
- Personal contacts within the motorsport and /or OEM industries would be an advantage.
PWR Europe are moving to a brand-new facility at Silverstone. Initially, the successful applicant will be based at our current facility in Tamworth Staffordshire. There will be opportunity to visit and engage with our team at our global head office, manufacturing facility and engineering centre of excellence near Brisbane, Australia.
Please apply in writing or by e-mail to:
European Business Manager
PWR Europe Ltd
+44 7775 866363