Job Title: Control Systems Engineer
We have a requirement for an experienced Control Systems Engineer working in a fast paced and progressive motorsport environment. The suitable candidate will report to the Head of Electronics and Control Systems and be responsible for the development and management of both on-car control systems as well as DIL/HIL hardware and plant model development. Knowledge and experience of MATLAB and Simulink is required with experience using these tools in a motorsport environment. Mathematical modelling and simulation experience preferred and an understanding of functional testing using dSpace HIL rigs and source control with GIT would be beneficial.
Extensive international travel may be required.
- Educated to Degree level in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science/Related background. 2:1 minimum
- Must have minimum three years’ experience of control engineering in a motorsport environment
- Extensive experience with MATLAB and Simulink for embedded development
- Experience with HIL/DIL development including plant model development and maintenance
- Knowledge of software lifecycles, development environment, source management and collaboration tools
- Experience with McLaren Applied Technology tools and libraries (GDE, ATLAS, etc.).
- Knowledge of mathematical modelling and simulation techniques
Additional Desirable Attributes:
- A proven ability to work to tight deadlines in a group or alone
- Willingness to work in a dynamic and multicultural environment
- Self-motivation with a will to contribute to race support
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills
- Analytical and methodical worker