Williams’ core competencies are the design and development of racing cars to compete in the Formula One World Championship. As one of the world's leading Formula One teams, the company has secured 16 FIA Formula One World Championship titles since its foundation in 1977.
The position: 24-month Fixed Term Contract
We are currently seeking several Composite Laminators to join in-house manufacturing facility here in Grove, Oxfordshire. We are looking for a Laminator to manufacture high quality components for the Composites Department within sufficient time to meet the demands set out by the development and production plans for the formula one race car as well as external customers. In this role, you will be utilising your high-level skill set to produce a variety of structural and non-structural composite components
- Ability to work with Technical Manuals and drawings to produce high quality parts
- Laminating components using pre-impregnated carbon with various weave styles and impregnated with epoxy or phenolic resin systems ensuring Technical
- Procedures/QA documentation/Work Orders and sign offs are adhered to
- Reading and understanding engineering drawings. Utilising the Company CAD System to extract relevant information
- Making Templates to enable repeatability
- Using Honeycomb as a sandwich core material either templating from a drawing or using pre machined core.
- Surface preparation of metallic inserts by aquablasting and acid etching to defined Company standards.
- De-moulding and drilling off cured components from moulds in advance of next process
- Manufacturing composite components to the highest standards for upcoming customer focused projects.
Applicants interested in applying will have a minimum of four years’ experience in a Composite Laminator position and have experience and knowledge within a disciplined Manufacturing environment. Experience working within the Motorsport, Automotive and/ or Aerospace industries is essential. You will be a self-motivator with a proactive approach and a flexible attitude to shift patterns.
4 on 4 off
4 on 4 off nights
What can Williams offer?
The Williams Group is based in Grove, Oxfordshire. We offer free onsite parking and large open green spaces to unwind during breaks. We are a short 5 minutes’ from Wantage, our closest town centre. We have an on-site gym which is free to use for all staff and contractors. We also have a subsidised restaurant on site. Please scroll down the page to review our benefits suite below.
Application closing date: All applications must be received by 10th April 2022
The Williams Group is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.
Strictly no agencies.