Established in 1985 in Poole, Dorset, NORCO specialise in large composite structures and GRP mouldings for end users in the UK and Europe. Operating from six sites with an overall capacity of 130,000 sq ft, NORCO employ over 170 skilled workers and train our staff to NVQ standards.
The company have achieved official approval status with significant customers such as Sunseeker, RNLI, Williams Jet Tenders, Princess Yachts, Atlas Elektronik UK, JFD Global, Aston Martin, Siemens, General Electric, Airbus, L3 Harris, Collins Aerospace and many more.
NORCO provides a complete composite manufacturing service from design & engineering through to parts manufacturing and final assembly. The company is certified to ISO9001 & ISO14001 and holds the UK government Cyber Essentials accreditation.
Working in a team environment you will work on a range of products, you will need to read and understand lay-up drawings and use your laminating skills to carry out the required workload to the lay-up specification. You will also need to utilise your skills to query any error or change that you may observe on any particular job. You may be required to interchange between Composites and GRP sites due to workloads in the relevant departments.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Laminating and tooling across a broad range of products performing a range of laminating processes which may include wet-lay, infusion, vac-bagging, pre-preg or RTM.
- Read and understand lay-up specifications.
- Checking information on drawings is clear.
- Checking route card instructions are correct.
- Following processes and ensuring the highest quality is maintained at all times
- Use of hand tools.
- Use of a wide range of fabrics, CSM and cloths in dry and pre-preg formats.
- Identify laminating defects.
- Record daily time spent on jobs on weekly timesheet.
- Correct use of PPE.
- Work with QA team to ensure that parts are being manufactured effectively and according to drawings and lay up books to ISO standards.
- Help develop processes to improve quality and efficiency.
- Keep all equipment maintained in good working order.
- Ensure the department is kept clean.
Key Skills & Qualifications:
- 2+ years’ experience gained within the Marine, Aerospace, Automotive or other quality driven industry.
- Familiar with pre- preg autoclave processes and materials such as carbon and glass.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy levels.
- Ability to follow procedures and work instructions / manuals.
- Good verbal communication and listening skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
- Used to working in a fast-moving environment.
- Motorsport / Automotive composite experience is highly desirable.
- Ability to read engineering drawings would be an advantage.
Please be aware that many roles for Norco GRP and Composites Ltd are subject to security control. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held and/or your place of birth may limit the roles that you can perform for our organisation. Successful candidates must pass a DBS check and meet security requirements.