As Chief Project Engineer for our Vehicle Development and Attribute project you will be responsible for the project definition and delivery within our Engineering Department team.
In a role with a combination of inward and outward facing tasks, you will responsible for the attainment of all project’s target performances, within the agreed time plan and respecting budget (hours and costs) constraints.
Within the project scope, the Chief Project Engineer manages the complete product development process: from concept stage, through to feasibility, engineering and validation. Design release, homologation and testing phases fall under his responsibility too.
The entire project team reports functionally to the Chief Project Engineer, who also liaises with the other departments involved, such as Purchasing, Workshop, and Operations.
Technically you will have experience in design and development within the automotive vehicle sector. As importantly, you will be able to impart your technical knowledge with ease, conviction and credibility to our customers and your colleagues. You will have to create an environment to drive engagement.
Detailed job duties include/require:
- Definition of vehicle and subsystem level specifications in order to meet the performance, safety and homologation targets.
- Knowledge of/Interaction with the relevant suppliers of services and parts; ability to select the ones which better satisfy quality, performance and cost targets.
- Knowledge of the homologation requirements of the US Automotive (FMVSS regulations).
- Prepare regularly clear and properly focused presentations to report to senior management and Technical Direction about the project progress.
- Define, produce and follow technical procedures
- Oversee the process of maintaining and updating records of design of the project to include drawings, registers, reports etc. to share with the team (production of Validation Package)
- Management of a team of engineers and technicians with different specializations, ranging from designers (mech, aero, stress…) to software experts.
- The team will be relying on the Chief Project Engineer for: Technical guidance, Key technical decision making, Technical process, Granular scheduling of technical tasks, Problem solving
Qualifications and experience:
Our Chief Project Engineer ideally has got:
- Minimum of 5 years' relevant experience in a technical role
- At least 2 years' experience in supervising junior employees
- Master of Science degree in Engineering (preferably mechanical, electronic, aerospace, industrial, vehicle)
- Deep and diverse technical knowledge about vehicles, specifically in mechanic, electronic, aerodynamic and testing
- Basic/intermediate level of a CAD 3D application.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Validation Plan software and techniques
- Leadership skills
- Strong and consistent performance
- Respect for people and customers
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Integrity and commitment
- Fluency in spoken & written English is essential. Competence in Italian or another European language is desirable
12 months Contract